Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I have to say (begrudgingly) about Naismith is that , quite obviously he's rubbish in terms of a PL player at a club operating at the upper level of that league...he's slowish, his touch is appalling, his vision and passing are on a par with David Blunkett's, he's the most ill-disciplined Everton player for years in terms of positional play ...but he's a proper goal hanger and can snap up a chance at an important moment.

He's basically football's answer to Forrest Gump. An idiot who, despite himself, ends up doing something right that keeps people guessing as to just how idiotic/rubbish he is.

Think his touch has been a lot better this season to be fair.

I think we will struggle tomorrow night if the team that we threaten to have after yesterday is put out. The fact it is at anfield goes against us.

However if we could pull the ultimate surprise and bring players back for it then it is advantage Everton. As much as Brenda needs to prepare for our team, a team with injuries will play a lot different to a fit team and as no one knows who will actually play on Tuesday then how can Brenda prepare his 11 for our possibly 14-15 outfield players depending on who starts.

Brenda is an average manager who has got lucky with suarez scoring for fun, let's see if he has the tactical nouse to pre empt our team.

Come on slacker. Screw the man. I'm taking the day off and starting my boozing early. Then watching at two and celebrating afterwards. If we win id watch espn bc I've got court side tickets for the Iowa/mich st game later that night and may just make a scene.
COYB

I'd love to!! I would!! And I would IF I could! Just not possible on this one...

Still praying for snow!! Fingers, toes, everything crossed!

There defence is ****e and if Gerard plays dm and we press him we will score more than 1 and if our defence plays well we will win

We shouldn't give a toss its at anfield

Or have any doubts in our minds

Gun to a gun fight

Spot on. It's Anfield ! So what? We have p!ssed our pants there for a decade but good teams from big clubs don't fear Anfield any more and we are a big club with a good team.

Go in, fight like men and if we win we win. Its not bayern, its not Barca its only tuppence hapenny little Loserpool

Villa showed last week that if you go there and pit them under early pressure they will crack, and then be reliant on getting a cheap pen to get them back into the game. Pity they couldn't hold out.

But we're not Villa. At least.

The chance of Gerrard playing DM gives me real hope, if he does and Barkley isn't fit we need to play Kev there to run riot, lets not waste that opportunity by sticking Osman there. If we had all our ace midfield slicksters fit we would slaughter them, as it stands we can still do them

Spot on. It's Anfield ! So what? We have p!ssed our pants there for a decade but good teams from big clubs don't fear Anfield any more and we are a big club with a good team.

Go in, fight like men and if we win we win. Its not bayern, its not Barca its only tuppence hapenny little Loserpool

We will do ourselves justice in this game I am so positive about the mentality in the team ..ok WBA 2nd half awful but this will set us up for the "business end" of the season D.I.F.B.O !!! 2-1 Naismith Lukaku

If everyone is fit :

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Pieenar
Lukaku​

If not :

Howard
Stones Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Barry
McGeady Naismith Mirallas
Lukaku​

Barry and McCarthy need to control the game for us to get a positive result. If Liverpool get a grip of the middle and provide plenty of service to Suarez and Sturridge we're going to be really up against it.

It's an an absolutely massive game, any derby is, let's just keep it in perspective if the worst should happen and we're 4 points behind on Tuesday night. Whatever the result we're still in the hunt for 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back