Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Got the worst news possible. Dad has terminal lung cancer. Both lungs. Inoperable. Months to live.

Mate, truly sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers with you all.

Probably too early for you to think this through but if you don't mind me saying there is a positive you will be able to look back on that not everyone gets.

I lost my Dad very suddenly so there was many things I wanted to tell him, to share with him, to reflect on his life, our relationship and our family, above all else to thank him and tell him how much he was loved that I never got the chance to do. If I could have 30 minutes with him now I would pay any price for it.

You have a window to spend time with your Dad and laugh, cry and reflect on your life together. Your Dad, even though he is going to be ill before he dies will also die surrounded by his loved ones in the full knowledge of what you all mean to each other. That's really precious mate, please make the most of it, it will help your Dad and you all when he's passed on free of this terrible disease.

Mate, truly sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers with you all.

Probably too early for you to think this through but if you don't mind me saying there is a positive you will be able to look back on that not everyone gets.

I lost my Dad very suddenly so there was many things I wanted to tell him, to share with him, to reflect on his life, our relationship and our family, above all else to thank him and tell him how much he was loved that I never got the chance to do. If I could have 30 minutes with him now I would pay any price for it.

You have a window to spend time with your Dad and laugh, cry and reflect on your life together. Your Dad, even though he is going to be ill before he dies will also die surrounded by his loved ones in the full knowledge of what you all mean to each other. That's really precious mate, please make the most of it, it will help your Dad and you all when he's passed on free of this terrible disease.
Wow. Sorry to learn this but as you say, maybe your difficult experience may help @johnnydawg68 and all of us to appreciate our parents and all family and friends while we can.

Got the worst news possible. Dad has terminal lung cancer. Both lungs. Inoperable. Months to live.

The saddest news :(

I've read about your family problems and all I can offer is a small prayer that you may be able to deal with the shock of it all.

May you find all the strength needed to get through this and to spend as much quality time with your Dad to make peace with it all.

God bless.

Hi mate, I'm so sorry to hear your news and I just want to let you know that we have family friend who is a Macmillian nurse. It's a big part of her job, helping and supporting people in similar situations to yours. If you want to PM me I can get her details for you. I don't know if she is allowed to work off the books so to speak, but I,m sure she'd speak over the phone ?.

Last edited:

A quick thank you to everyone. Will write more later and as I go along. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm blessed in so many ways. I'm the eternal optimist. I'll find a way through. I may need help along the way, but I'm not the only one going through this. I'm learning to ask and receive help. My old man is stubborn as hell and while I have a sunnier disposition, I got that trait from him. I'm not afraid to admit I can't take everything on myself now.

Everton can [Poor language removed] right off though.

A quick thank you to everyone. Will write more later and as I go along. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm blessed in so many ways. I'm the eternal optimist. I'll find a way through. I may need help along the way, but I'm not the only one going through this. I'm learning to ask and receive help. My old man is stubborn as hell and while I have a sunnier disposition, I got that trait from him. I'm not afraid to admit I can't take everything on myself now.

Everton can [Poor language removed] right off though.
Great attitude mate. Good for you. And yes, Everton can...;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back