Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

The number one factor for all, depressed or not! is certainly some form of exercise. This helps keep you focused on something and you're going to get a little bit healthier. I can't offer anything more solid than that, whether its walking the dog for an hour a night or whatever going for a walk listening to some music, do it. You'll be amazed at results.

Agreed, i just don't have the capacity to be depressed when I run. When you put yourself through that pain you get the pleasure back. Sometimes I fall out of.my routine of.jogging though and Id feel weird and down and [Poor language removed] in social situations. Completely forgetting it's because I haven't jogged. Then.when.I.get back into it i say.'never again' but I always do laps.

I do some charity work with young disabled adults. They are not usually depressed. But its the best thing I ever did. They are such fantastic people. Surprisingly I don't get the buzz because I am actually helping others but more so because they make me laugh so much. We have a brilliant time and its great therapy for me because you just forget about the horrible world outside when you are there.
Kudos to you my friend, that is an excellent use of your time & a credit to you. I don't think I'd have the patience to be a carer, and not just for those with a disability. Probably why volunteer fire fighting worked for me. A simple brief...put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

My Discovery II broke down the other day so I had to go out & get a new car today...always cheers me up.

Looks identical to this;
3ef61e0c-5023-4352-ace7-dd385308e36a-atme.jpg

Now, I'd like to point out that buying a new-ish car is not a realistic solution for depression or stress! :p:p

My Discovery II broke down the other day so I had to go out & get a new car today...always cheers me up.

Looks identical to this;

Now, I'd like to point out that buying a new-ish car is not a realistic solution for depression or stress! :p:p

I know for a fact this post will only cause more depression. I'm delighted for you though.

Have you thought about doing charitable work ?. A lot of mental health charities are always looking for volunteers to act as " friends " for men and women with mental health problems in the community.

There is research evidence to show that focusing on the needs of others can mean that our own problems somehow become smaller. So if I sit at home and focus all my attention on my perceived problems, they occupy all of my vision. But listen to others who are out of work or need better housing or are blind (to give just three examples) then my own difficulties seem less intractable. And in particular, working with disadvantaged children must really give better perspective.

What's more; when somebody I've helped says 'thank you' or expresses appreciation, I'm more likely to feel better about myself. Now that's a win-win.

Looks identical to this;

Hahaha...shopping therapy never hurt all my past women ;)

There is research evidence to show that focusing on the needs of others can mean that our own problems somehow become smaller. So if I sit at home and focus all my attention on my perceived problems, they occupy all of my vision. But listen to others who are out of work or need better housing or are blind (to give just three examples) then my own difficulties seem less intractable. And in particular, working with disadvantaged children must really give better perspective.

What's more; when somebody I've helped says 'thank you' or expresses appreciation, I'm more likely to feel better about myself. Now that's a win-win.
So right I feel. Seems logical to my small brain that feeling that you are needed by someone and/or appreciated by others can only boost your outlook.

;);)

Just been vounteering with the disabled students today and had a fantastic time. Everyone cheers when you walk in and is pleased to see you. It just really gives me a boost. I missed their company over half term. Everyone is so polite. You always get a thank you even for pushing their wheel chair. It's a totally different world. No negativity is allowed. So much laughter.
It does help to making life seem worthwhile.
And then you come back into the real world....Roll on next week!

Just been vounteering with the disabled students today and had a fantastic time. Everyone cheers when you walk in and is pleased to see you. It just really gives me a boost. I missed their company over half term. Everyone is so polite. You always get a thank you even for pushing their wheel chair. It's a totally different world. No negativity is allowed. So much laughter.
It does help to making life seem worthwhile.
And then you come back into the real world....Roll on next week!
Great job. Sometimes giving is the best form of receiving :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back