Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I've kept away from this thread for a while now.mainly because I didn't like people telling me what to do. talk to someone get professional advice etc. I just thought I could vent my feelings on here and everyone say awww poor you. I know the "look at me " syndrome.but unfortunately that does happen. and I must admit mainly the only time I post is when I have had a drink. but I do read the thread daily and refrain from posting because I know there is nothing I can say to make anything better. and I would feel a fraud telling people my problems when reading of suicides and serious depression etc. but I feel low today and just want to unload and nameless, unseen people is an easier option than face to face people you know.
Your not a fraud mate, get if off your chest, like you say its not face to face, give it a go pal

finished my 3rd phase of chemo today so everything all over the place. body, mind etc. made up with the win but couldn't enjoy watching it as I should have.

I think given what you're obviously going through at the moment it's entirely understandable that you couldn't really concentrate on the match. Have you been offered the chance to speak with a councillor prior to starting your treatment ?.
It won't stop the way your feeling, but it will help understand the process of the feelings that you are going to experience.
I think it's wonderful that you've come on here and posted, but I think someone from the likes of Macmillan could be of enormous help to you .

I think given what you're obviously going through at the moment it's entirely understandable that you couldn't really concentrate on the match. Have you been offered the chance to speak with a councillor prior to starting your treatment ?.
It won't stop the way your feeling, but it will help understand the process of the feelings that you are going to experience.
I think it's wonderful that you've come on here and posted, but I think someone from the likes of Macmillan could be of enormous help to you .
this is my 2nd bout so iv'e been through it all before .macmillan are good ,had my chats with them. I don't want to sound ungrateful or offensive but this is why I try not to post on here, I don't want or need advice I just want to rant when I feel like it.

this is my 2nd bout so iv'e been through it all before .macmillan are good ,had my chats with them. I don't want to sound ungrateful or offensive but this is why I try not to post on here, I don't want or need advice I just want to get rant when I feel like it.

Mate, this thread is open to all - those that want to rant, those that want help, those that want to offer help. It's completely open and non-judgmental.

If you want to rant (and it helps you) - rant away...

this is my 2nd bout so iv'e been through it all before .macmillan are good ,had my chats with them. I don't want to sound ungrateful or offensive but this is why I try not to post on here, I don't want or need advice I just want to get rant when I feel like it.

That's what it's here for - sorry for sounding patronising, it's just that a good mate has just been through it all and come out the other side and he didn't utilise any of the services offered to him, preferring to " man " it out. The net result is his treatment was successful, but he has now been on a 2 mth long bender since getting his good news !.

apologies for my comments on receiving advice etc. I know everyone means well.
Apology is not necessary. The thread is here for whatever reason you need.

We live in a sceptical world & it does take a little bit of time to realise that the thread is exactly what everyone says it is. It's almost self moderated by its contributors which, in itself, is remarkable.

Everyone does mean well and some people already know they need professional advice but could do with a little reinforcement of that from people here. Others don't. It's no big deal.

Perhaps unloading on strangers is what you need in order to gain the words necessary to open up to those closest to you? Perhaps the responses from strangers will give you an idea of the types of questions you might get from those closest to you if you do open up to them? Regardless, use the thread as you see fit. ;)

this is my 2nd bout so iv'e been through it all before .macmillan are good ,had my chats with them. I don't want to sound ungrateful or offensive but this is why I try not to post on here, I don't want or need advice I just want to rant when I feel like it.
Rant away if it helps :)

feeling good today. nice everton win and its my birthday. not one I thought i'd reach. yes this is an attention seeking post but I feel I need it. gonna be a hard day trying to please all the family with all they want to do for me. but I feel strong enough to juggle them all. hope everyone has a good day/night and to those out for a drink tonight have one for me ( I can't myself lol).

feeling good today. nice everton win and its my birthday. not one I thought i'd reach. yes this is an attention seeking post but I feel I need it. gonna be a hard day trying to please all the family with all they want to do for me. but I feel strong enough to juggle them all. hope everyone has a good day/night and to those out for a drink tonight have one for me ( I can't myself lol).
Happy Birthday mate. Hope you have an awesome day. Don't forget that it is your day and you need to please yourself first. Look after #1. Don't neglect giving yourself a treat ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back