Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I feel up and down like this all the time. I feel like I need to moan away and talk to someone about my problems and say if the next morning I wake up happy, then I feel awful and embarrassed about saying anything cos it must seem like I am just making it up! And I hate myself for drawing all that attention. On the contrary, reading your issues and thoughts made me relate and I didn't think you were moaning or anything and it makes me feel sad that you think that you've put people through anything; because they are here to help and perhaps did help because you currently feel in a better place. I totally see the similarities with my feelings and yours yet I can not seem to take my own advice! Madness. But eye opening.

How you doing, you haven't been on for a while ?.

Not posted here in a while, but I suffered a panic attack for the first time in 14 months today. It's something that never goes away but I'll keep trying.

I am running a 10k in July for the charity Action on Depression. The most important thing for me is to raise awareness, mainly for the men that suffer. I hate the stigma attached.

As I posted last time, I shattered my leg and ankle last January so road running is tough for me but it's something that is completely worth it in my eyes.

Not posted here in a while, but I suffered a panic attack for the first time in 14 months today. It's something that never goes away but I'll keep trying.

I am running a 10k in July for the charity Action on Depression. The most important thing for me is to raise awareness, mainly for the men that suffer. I hate the stigma attached.

As I posted last time, I shattered my leg and ankle last January so road running is tough for me but it's something that is completely worth it in my eyes.
Great effort mate. You are a star.
Hang in there. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Tremendous effort mate, good luck with the run, are you getting help for the panic attacks?

Super effort Chap....good luck with the running the 10K...try some Yoga as my mate kept getting them and he is now into Yoga and he reckons it has helped 100%

Tremendous effort mate, good luck with the run, are you getting help for the panic attacks?

Nah, it was the only one I've had in a long time tbh. I'm much better at dealing with things now. It came around from me having zero control of a situations that I hated. But what I learned from last time is I'm much more adept at realising when I need to take action, and I've made that step by deciding to quit my job as a teacher and find something that makes me happy, regardless of salary,

The number one factor for all, depressed or not! is certainly some form of exercise. This helps keep you focused on something and you're going to get a little bit healthier. I can't offer anything more solid than that, whether its walking the dog for an hour a night or whatever going for a walk listening to some music, do it. You'll be amazed at results.

Nah, it was the only one I've had in a long time tbh. I'm much better at dealing with things now. It came around from me having zero control of a situations that I hated. But what I learned from last time is I'm much more adept at realising when I need to take action, and I've made that step by deciding to quit my job as a teacher and find something that makes me happy, regardless of salary,

Good stuff mate, glad it's working for you, nice to have you posting in this thread. Your contribution will help others whether they post or just read, thank you ;)

Good stuff mate, glad it's working for you, nice to have you posting in this thread. Your contribution will help others whether they post or just read, thank you ;)

To be honest, i'd love to help, and I'm a firm believer in counselling, and i'm looking at joining the teacher support network as a way in to that as a career for me. It always helps to talk about things, and if anyone ever wanted to PM me, i'm always happy to help.

To be honest, i'd love to help, and I'm a firm believer in counselling, and i'm looking at joining the teacher support network as a way in to that as a career for me. It always helps to talk about things, and if anyone ever wanted to PM me, i'm always happy to help.

Thanks mate, I hope people take you up on this.

@Clint Planet is in the teaching profession and a good lad. Don't know if he can help in any way

Have you thought about doing charitable work ?. A lot of mental health charities are always looking for volunteers to act as " friends " for men and women with mental health problems in the community.

Have you thought about doing charitable work ?. A lot of mental health charities are always looking for volunteers to act as " friends " for men and women with mental health problems in the community.
I do some charity work with young disabled adults. They are not usually depressed. But its the best thing I ever did. They are such fantastic people. Surprisingly I don't get the buzz because I am actually helping others but more so because they make me laugh so much. We have a brilliant time and its great therapy for me because you just forget about the horrible world outside when you are there.

I do some charity work with young disabled adults. They are not usually depressed. But its the best thing I ever did. They are such fantastic people. Surprisingly I don't get the buzz because I am actually helping others but more so because they make me laugh so much. We have a brilliant time and its great therapy for me because you just forget about the horrible world outside when you are there.

Totally agree mate, excellent post

Yeah I have mate, I'm considering it during my summer holidays from school (well between then and getting a new job) I've phoned up a college today about doing a counselling course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back