Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I have depression and it's been really bad lately. Been in therapy 5 times in my life but I'm still suffering. Between work, marriage, kids, a wife surviving breast cancer and marriage challenges, I have been crying off and on for 3 weeks straight. I need help but am afraid of trying therapy again if it hasn't completely helped me. I don't know what to do. Just in a bad state right now.

I have depression and it's been really bad lately. Been in therapy 5 times in my life but I'm still suffering. Between work, marriage, kids, a wife surviving breast cancer and marriage challenges, I have been crying off and on for 3 weeks straight. I need help but am afraid of trying therapy again if it hasn't completely helped me. I don't know what to do. Just in a bad state right now.
I'm not clever or qualified what to say but having suffered myself all I can say is try and hang on in there. Keep posting on this forum as I'm sure we can help as best as we can. That's what this is here for. We are in it together. Evertonians trying to help each other. That's why we are Everton.
Good luck mate and keep in touch

Welcome to the thread mate, we're all here to help you and everyone else that posts on here. You say you don't know what
to do ?. You've done something already and it's really positive - you've come on here and got it off your chest. That's a big step forward as there's a load of us on here who have / still are sufferers , so you aren't alone anymore. Please don't think that you're moaning either, post what ever you want, even if you think you're ranting.

Have you been back yo your GP and let him / her know how you're feeling ?. If you're on meds, maybe they need changing or the doseage needs altering ?. Does you're wife know how low you are ?. I,m not being patronising, just trying to
suggest a few practical things that may help.

You say that you've had therapy 5 times in the past ?. Did it work each time in the past and why are you scared of it not working this time ?

Can I suggest an alternative website that I think may help you :

THE MENTAL HEALTH FORUM.

It's an NHS run site and it's a site for people with every imaginable type of mental illness that you can think of. It's a wonderful site and you'll find a lot of people on there who are in the same boat as you mate, who all support and talk to each other.

Please keep posting as there'll always be some one here that'll pick up your posts pretty quickly and will respond.

Last edited:

Ok, update on my status...returning to work tomorrow! *Conditions apply!

They can't keep an old Blue down! Thanks for everyone's support specifically over the last 3 months. Aside from Family, GOT has been the only place where I could vent & it's been very much appreciated.

Good luck mate, and thanks for your contributions and support of others on this thread ;)

They can't keep an old Blue down! Thanks for everyone's support specifically over the last 3 months. Aside from Family, GOT has been the only place where I could vent & it's been very much appreciated.
Great news my man! If this place has been even 1% of help then that is great. Keep the fight ;)

in terms of anxiety

- i swear if i didnt know the meaning of 'but what if...' i'd be almost able to live my life in peace

thing about anxiety is it makes you feel like the unluckiest person in the world. in reality, the things you experience probably happen to a lot of people - just most of them process it differently

search engines are a [Poor language removed] too. Hours ive wasted looking up on illnesses that dont even match my symptoms just more 'imagine if that happened to me'

makes me want to headbutt a rock and go live in the jungle with our much happier (i imagine) ape cousins...

Good luck mate hope all goes well

;)
in terms of anxiety

- i swear if i didnt know the meaning of 'but what if...' i'd be almost able to live my life in peace

thing about anxiety is it makes you feel like the unluckiest person in the world. in reality, the things you experience probably happen to a lot of people - just most of them process it differently

search engines are a [Poor language removed] too. Hours ive wasted looking up on illnesses that dont even match my symptoms just more 'imagine if that happened to me'

makes me want to headbutt a rock and go live in the jungle with our much happier (i imagine) ape cousins...

Totally agree mate, I've lived with anxiety problems for over a decade now and it gets treated like the poor relation of depression. It can be crippling and doesn't just affect the sufferer, but those around him / her too.

The impression that I have formed over the years is that the medical profession don't really understand it and as a result it gets pushed to one side, almost put in the too hard to deal with box.

I've learnt to live with my anxiety, but I'd give anything for it to go away.

Have a look at this website, if you haven't already, I can guarantee there will be someone in the anxiety forum that will be suffering the same or similar problems :

THE MENTAL HEALTH FORUM.

It's an NHS run site for suffers of every conceivable mental illness who all talk and support each other. It's a great site and it's helped me a lot in the past.

I,m trying out herbal stuff at the moment and I,m going to post on how I,ve got on with them after I've been taking them for a month. This may be off help to you ?.

Keep posting mate - all the best.

I'm 17 and a half & suffer from depression, most people assume that i'm too young and i'm just hormonal, but being i've had a ton of health issues, on top of the fact that i don't actually have any mates, my family feels f***** up atm aswell and my entire life just feels like it's falling apart, i don't have anybody to talk to about it, but if anyone else feels the same, me and i'm sure everyone else is here for you, football is one of my (few) escapes and so i trawl a lot of forums, but this is the first one i've ever posted on...anyway, guys and gals, you're not alone, just remember that. :)

I'm 17 and a half & suffer from depression, most people assume that i'm too young and i'm just hormonal, but being i've had a ton of health issues, on top of the fact that i don't actually have any mates, my family feels f***** up atm aswell and my entire life just feels like it's falling apart, i don't have anybody to talk to about it, but if anyone else feels the same, me and i'm sure everyone else is here for you, football is one of my (few) escapes and so i trawl a lot of forums, but this is the first one i've ever posted on...anyway, guys and gals, you're not alone, just remember that. :)
Mate welcome in here. You will always have someone to talk to in here, but don't ever forget that your first step is to find a professional, that you feel comfortable speaking with, to go and chat with and see on a regular basis.
You will also get many people in here who also are going through similar issues as yours that will have advice I can't give you.
Hang in there. Welcome again. Just don't let Everton get you down ;)

Mate welcome in here. You will always have someone to talk to in here, but don't ever forget that your first step is to find a professional, that you feel comfortable speaking with, to go and chat with and see on a regular basis.
You will also get many people in here who also are going through similar issues as yours that will have advice I can't give you.
Hang in there. Welcome again. Just don't let Everton get you down ;)

Thanks dude :) Not an Everton fan but i do rate the club highly along with their fans, appreciate the message :)

Welcome mate, you aren't alone on here . Have you had a look at - THE MENTAL HEALTH FORUM ?.

I know I bang on about it, but it's a wonderful site and even though you say you're young at 17, I,m sure you'll find people of your own age group on there who are going through what your going through.

you say your family are messed up too ?. Surely there must be one of them you can talk to ?.

I know if my lad / girl was feeling the way your feeling I'd want to know and support them. People can surprise you in how supportive they can be if given the chance . Hiding it is the worst thing you can do, as it just makes things much much worse . Have you been to your GP ?.

Keep posting mate , someone on here will always get back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back