Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Having a bit of a rough go atm. I know excerising more and being more social should help but I was extremely active in high school (in uni now) and had plans all the time and was still depressed then. So it's frustrating since in my head I did all those things before and was still depressed

Having a bit of a rough go atm. I know excerising more and being more social should help but I was extremely active in high school (in uni now) and had plans all the time and was still depressed then. So it's frustrating since in my head I did all those things before and was still depressed
Hang in there mate. Keep the exercise going, especially outdoors as you guys start to get some better weather soon.
You seen a GP or some professional that you feel comfortable talking to? That's always the best start.
A few others in here have also provided some forums you could look at that have helped them.
And of course, a chat in here is always available and welcome ;)

Hang in there mate. Keep the exercise going, especially outdoors as you guys start to get some better weather soon.
You seen a GP or some professional that you feel comfortable talking to? That's always the best start.
A few others in here have also provided some forums you could look at that have helped them.
And of course, a chat in here is always available and welcome ;)

Hi mate, as Kithnou says keep the exercise going or at the very least get out for a walk. It's very easy to get into a " can't be arsed " mode and before you know it you're not going out unless you have to. With regards to the social side of things I know how hard it can be when you don't want to really be around people due to suffering depression . There's no right way or wrong way to deal with this. I'd just try and judge it by how you're actually feeling. What's the point in going out if you feel like crap ?.

Have a look at this great forum run by the NHS - The Mental Health Forum. You'll find plenty of people on there who are of a similar age to you and are going through what you are going through who will help and support you.

Keep posting mate.

Last edited:

Hi mate, as Kithnou says keep the exercise going or at the very least get out for a walk. It's very easy to get into a " can't be arsed " mode and before you know it you're not going out unless you have to. With regards to the social side of things I know how hard it can be when you don't want to really be around people due to suffering depression . There's no right way or wrong way to deal with this. I'd just try and judge it by how you're actually feeling. What's the point in going out if you feel like crap ?.

Have a look at this great forum run by the NHS - The Mental Health Forum. You'll find plenty of people on there who are of a similar age to you and are going through what you are going through who will help and support you.

Keep posting mate.
Great stuff as always my man. Great advice.
Personally when I am having a bad day, even a long brisk walk does wonders!
Keep us all updates @USABlue. By the way, very normal to feel lost during your uni years. You aren't alone there ;)

I am determined not to get depressed but its difficult to keep it all together. had a rough start to the week and got called to the hospital to get checked. to cut a long boring story short it doesn't look good .i have to go for a ct scan tonight ( whilst the match is on, inconsiderate sods) so I should know more soon. finally sat down with the wife and talked seriously about worst case scenario.
spent most of today sorting out finances, insurance etc. over reacting? hopefully but it's got to be considered. she's been a lot better than I thought she'd be. obviously she is distraught and finding it hard to deal with but at least she is there for me to talk to. sorry to be gloomy on a day we are looking to beat them damn ruskies (oops ukranians, don't want to open another political debate lol, think there's another thread for that) but got is my counsellor and just felt the need to rant.

I am determined not to get depressed but its difficult to keep it all together. had a rough start to the week and got called to the hospital to get checked. to cut a long boring story short it doesn't look good .i have to go for a ct scan tonight ( whilst the match is on, inconsiderate sods) so I should know more soon. finally sat down with the wife and talked seriously about worst case scenario.
spent most of today sorting out finances, insurance etc. over reacting? hopefully but it's got to be considered. she's been a lot better than I thought she'd be. obviously she is distraught and finding it hard to deal with but at least she is there for me to talk to. sorry to be gloomy on a day we are looking to beat them damn ruskies (oops ukranians, don't want to open another political debate lol, think there's another thread for that) but got is my counsellor and just felt the need to rant.

Mate good luck!

If you don't mind me saying so you display great courage talking about your health problems and you seem to be stronger talking about it now than you were when you first popped up on this thread.

You're also an inspiration to others who may be suffering themselves or have loved ones in a similar position.

Good luck later!

I hope all goes well tonight for you mate.
You are so strong I really admire that in you.
They will get through for you tonight mate.
Good luck

Good luck for later mate. And hopefully Everton will win for you tonight.

It's taken guts to put this post on and I take my hat off to you mate. I can't pretend to know what you must feel like, but I do know anxiety and what it feels like. If you are feeling how I imagine how you must be feeling, I'd recommend that you go to your GP and ask about a short course of sedatives just to tide you over - ( no more than 2 weeks worth ). Contrary to popular belief they won't turn you into a zombie, what they will do is relive the anxiety and worry. I know you didn't intend this post to be a leveller, but having just read it, the result tonight doesn't matter as this has put things into perspective.
Stay strong mate and keep posting, theres people on here who'll always get back no matter what you,ve posted.

@wbn61

My words are exactly what the other lads in here have posted.
All the best mate. Hang in there.
Hopefully you didn't get to watch Everton tonight!
Always welcome to chat in here my man.

I'm not an Evertonian but a Man Utd fan who decided to venture onto GOT after watching your Europa League match this evening.

I was taken aback to see this topic at the top of the forum but like so many others, very impressed. Football discussions and forums are often passionate arenas. That's in itself is not a bad thing but some football forums can create the feeling you're entering a lion's den. With that being said, it's a very pleasant surprise to see such a unifying and empathetic thread given such a prominent, permanent position in GOT.

I myself am struggling with undiagnosed depression (I fit most of the symptoms and to be blunt, I know something's not right) and was watching the Everton match after a day spent doing nothing much at all. While I send my commiserations for tonight's result, if it's any consolation, this thread has brightened up my evening. Keep up the good work guys and girls.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back