Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

All the news outlets are a joke. Stating almost unequivocally that the crash was caused due to the pilot being depressed. What about driving a car? Would that be considered dangerous if someone is suffering. Maybe people in need should be locked away or restricted in their movements. Unbelievable. The press are constantly guilty of acting like Sherlock [Poor language removed] Holmes with their assumptions. Their portrayals of mental health along with many other topics serves to provide the public with a deluge of misinformation.

There is a huge difference between 'Depression' and being 'suicidal'.

Suicidal thoughts can come much later on a scale of illness On a continuum that includes depression.

Don't take what the media are saying to heart.

Theyre only talking in generalisations. That he was depressed etc. This is not a definitive psychological diagnosis.

only a court will establish what actually happened. Experts including doctors treating the pilot will undoubtedly be called and the facts will come out then.

I don't mean to detract from the seriousness of this thread but I thought i'd lighten the mood a little. saw my oncologist yesterday and looked at my scan. it shows nearly half of the mass is gone. just wanted to share thankyou.
Great stuff. Is there a good prognosis from this point?

Great stuff. Is there a good prognosis from this point?
well I can only say it is what it is. I was in remission for a year then it came back. cancer doesn't go away it just hides. it may never become active again but then again it may. at the moment the chemo is working and the cancer is shrinking so my oncologist is happy. as am I lol. long way to go but yes prognosis is good.

well I can only say it is what it is. I was in remission for a year then it came back. cancer doesn't go away it just hides. it may never become active again but then again it may. at the moment the chemo is working and the cancer is shrinking so my oncologist is happy. as am I lol. long way to go but yes prognosis is good.
Heading in the right direction at least.

All the news outlets are a joke. Stating almost unequivocally that the crash was caused due to the pilot being depressed. What about driving a car? Would that be considered dangerous if someone is suffering. Maybe people in need should be locked away or restricted in their movements. Unbelievable. The press are constantly guilty of acting like Sherlock Holmes with their assumptions. Their portrayals of mental health along with many other topics serves to provide the public with a deluge of misinformation.
It angered me, the press reaction.

anyone on here is familiar with binaural beats as a method to help on depression?

No mate, what's that?

Heading in the right direction at least.
going to see macmillan counsellor soon. a big part of the cancer is the mindset and talking to them does help me through it. a big point emphasised in this thread is the need to talk to someone, I really believe that is true.

Hi mate. Aplogies if it's something that you have already looked at / are doing. Have you looked at diet ?.

My mates sister in law tempered conventional treatment once in remission with a selection of " super foods ". I'm not a health freak by any means, but her special diet really seemed to help her recovery ?. I have no idea if it was pyscosymatic but it seemed to help a great deal with the way she procrssed food especially after treatment .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back