Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Can someone give me a TLDR on gas lighting. What exactly is gas lighting
You can look it up really easily. The term comes from a well known film from the 1940's see below:

Gaslight_1944_trailer%283%29.jpg

Ingrid Bergman in the 1944 film Gaslight

It can happen to either sex and to anyone who may be a 'target' of it. We are talking about behaviour that goes to extremes and is deliberately destructive. With intent.

I have 'paranoid schizoprenia' anyone who can relate to that? Anyone who can talk about openly the mindreaders who viciously bully one person into madness? The psychic arrogant bastards who subtly and not so subtly bully you on the internet? and when you are a teenager? Bully you because they're arrogant losers and have sold their soul to the 'devil' illuminati? Be lied to every day by these types? With no class, dignity or decency? Thanks in advance for your lack of replies and lack of support, and thanks for this thread.

I have 'paranoid schizoprenia' anyone who can relate to that? Anyone who can talk about openly the mindreaders who viciously bully one person into madness? The psychic arrogant bastards who subtly and not so subtly bully you on the internet? and when you are a teenager? Bully you because they're arrogant losers and have sold their soul to the 'devil' illuminati? Be lied to every day by these types? With no class, dignity or decency? Thanks in advance for your lack of replies and lack of support, and thanks for this thread.

Mate, everyone on here gets support in some form or other from fellow Blues. Because we are all Blues, we care for each and every poster in this thread.

We're not professionals, but we give you an opportunity to talk without fear of judgement or criticism. You'll also get people sharing their experiences which may help.

You're among friends, so post away....

Let them think. you know you are stronger and you know you were manipulated. You are [Poor language removed] brilliant and the sheep minions of million and billion mindreading liars. are ***ts.

is ****** a swear word esk? it's just stars! people can say ffs but not use stars. I was not rude. I am being light-hjearted considering the * I go through

Appreciate you might go through all sorts mate, but please do not derail this thread - it's so helpful to so many, so we keep a close eye on it.

Appreciate you might go through all sorts mate, but please do not derail this thread - it's so helpful to so many, so we keep a close eye on it.

To suggest I am derailing this thread? I suffer because of people on the internet. I just glimpsed 'gaslighting'..above. I am not being a troll. I really am diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia and it's evil people who are mindreaders use and abuse it. That's my only point here. Humans deserve the truth not lies.

To suggest I am derailing this thread? I suffer because of people on the internet. I just glimpsed 'gaslighting'..above. I am not being a troll. I really am diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia and it's evil people who are mindreaders use and abuse it. That's my only point here. Humans deserve the truth not lies.

Fair enough mate, I'm happy to take you at your word. No -one will abuse you here mate, but we run the thread for the good of all, hence my comments.

We're all amateurs, just trying to help Blues in need. We're happy to try and help you mate, but not at the expense of everyone else. Hope you understand, we say the same to everyone ;)

We are talking about degrees of severity. Obviously someone who is suicidal needs urgent medical treatment.

Prozac does not cause chemical dependence.

I am not talking about simply a break up. In my case there was several specific issues that over a period of 2 - 4 years wore my normal defences down. I now realise that there was no way I could resolve those issues myself. Because
a. I was too young/inexperienced to do so. and
b. the situation that I was in was totally atypical of a normal healthy environment.

I also need to highlight that there are some people/personalities that actually deliberately try and make people look like their going mad for their own agenda/benefit. This technique is called 'gas-lighting'. I was horrendously gaslighted as a young 20-something - which caused my depression. Or in so far as a normal recovery period from a bad experience was interrupted deliberately by malicious people who thrived on exacerbating the situation. I was not the only target of this behaviour.

The notes provided with Prozac indicates that it its (depending on the prescription) typically provided for 6 to 12 months.

Some people may need to be proscribed it for much longer. This is for a medical professional to decide.

The point I make is - its easy to say tackling the cause but when someone has serious depression that is easier said than done.

Someone on Prozac has the symptoms abated significantly in many cases this then gives them the opportunity to address the causes.

We are talking about people with a depressive illness that they will not be able to resolve themselves.

My experience is there was a sharp drop into depression over a period of about 18 months. The climb out of it can take several or more years. Even when you're out of it it is easy to fall back in if you do not take care and be mindful/be experienced in the symptoms.

I would class myself as someone who can be prone to have periodic depression (due to the above period/events described above) however in general I can manage the symptoms myself. As I know what they are. As a young 20-something. I simply did not have the tools to do that.

Good on you for bringing this up. And I bet the idiots who did this to you want you to feel guilty for being a normal human being in their world of bs? Know I will always be on your side. and you don't need the fools. on this site or anywhere else. Plus they can't make you feel scared - u have decent people. Every idiot who gaslighted you there's a normal person like me to make up for it. My own family gaslighted me and still do. 'Mindreaders' they are but class they are not.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back