Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I've always wanted to do that myself, especially around England, but my mate who wants to do the same is back home in Bulgaria with little-to-no chance of coming over to the UK yet. One day though!

As to the depression - it is a rut, no doubt. Often a slight change of routine helps massively, like even going for a walk or up a mountain or something like that. I know it's gonna seem like it'll be a bit boring to do that alone, but if you can find some audio book or anything like that - it would still work... I'm really crap at giving advice though really, but I'm sure someone will be here with something more adequate to say pretty soon. Chin up mate! :)

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about the footy over PM's by the way? Quite keen on management/assisting myself, having done it on a low level back home before...

No problem, PM me and I will try and help.

Lads, with it being World Suicide Prevention Day, I thought I'd share this email I recieved. It contains an important message in the last sentence, the message that sums the purpose of this thread up;

SUICIDE NOTES TALK TOO LATE

When life throws some challenges your way, having a conversation is a good thing. It's a simple fact, but talking things through with someone you trust can mean the difference between staying in a dark place and giving yourself the opportunity to understand that things will get better.

Men are pretty good at talking about sport, work, movies or the latest gadget, but we need to get better at talking about the significant stuff going on in our lives - things like losing a job, the breakdown of a relationship or becoming a father for the first time. These things happen to all of us, and for some, they prove challenging to the point where they have the potential to derail us.

Tragically, for too many men, the first and only time they talk about how these changes have affected them is in a suicide note. So today, on World Suicide Prevention Day, we have a simple message - Men, we need to talk, especially when things get tough.

had the date for my brothers inquest through. to be honest I don't want or feel the need to go. does that make me insensitive? my father,nephew and niece will be attending. I don't want to hear all the details again. has anyone been to a coroners inquest? and if so what does it entail?

had the date for my brothers inquest through. to be honest I don't want or feel the need to go. does that make me insensitive? my father,nephew and niece will be attending. I don't want to hear all the details again. has anyone been to a coroners inquest? and if so what does it entail?
Do whatever you feel is best. If you want to go for answers, go.

If you feel you would end up worse off, stay away. Do what you feel is right at the time, for you not others.

ive been to one mate they aren't nice to be honest .

[

I've experience of a coroners court mate. It's nothing like a normal court. The purpose of it is to gather all of the available facts to enable the coroner to determine the correct cause of death. This makes it a lot less formal than a normal court where the purpose is to establish guilt or innocence.

In saying that, it can be very harrowing for the nearest and dearest, as all of the facts prior to the event are gone through in detail.

Don't go out of a sense of duty or guilt just because others are going.

Not insensitive at all. Remember your Brother for the best reasons. Details of his departure are not necessary.

I'm relatively new here, but I just wanted to share my experience with depression.

I had a psychological breakdown/episode about two years ago where i resorted to some self-harm. I hurt myself so bad I had to go to the hospital. In Florida (the state I live in in the US), I fell under whats known as the Baker Act - a law that was designed to help addicts and psychologically uneasy people. Essentially, it keeps the people that need psychological help out of jail or people who are harming themselves from doing anything too serious.

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and was prescribed Duloxetine, an SSRI. Throughout the initial process, I felt weird, different, out of place, etc. I think a lot of that has to do with society's views on psychological disorders. I had adopted many of those misconceptions. I knew I had a problem for years, but I felt like if I got help, I would admit that I am crazy. The thing is, in that state, you don't realize why depression is... well, happening.

Learning about the process that happens with receptors in the brain opened up a whole new world to me! Learning about other disorders that are linked to receptor imbalances gave me a whole new outlook on this. I learned that I can love myself even though I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. And that was what led me to research the anthropological/social aspect of depression and psychological disorders.

With that, I learned that the majority of the people around us don't understand psychological phenomena, even those who are suffering from depression and the like. To this day, several family members of mine tease me. It would have bothered me in the past, but understanding created a whole new outlook.

I recently got off Duloxetine and feel fantastic! Just wanted to share my story. If it helps just one person to get professional, medical help, then I've done a good deed. :)

I'm relatively new here, but I just wanted to share my experience with depression.

I had a psychological breakdown/episode about two years ago where i resorted to some self-harm. I hurt myself so bad I had to go to the hospital. In Florida (the state I live in in the US), I fell under whats known as the Baker Act - a law that was designed to help addicts and psychologically uneasy people. Essentially, it keeps the people that need psychological help out of jail or people who are harming themselves from doing anything too serious.

I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and was prescribed Duloxetine, an SSRI. Throughout the initial process, I felt weird, different, out of place, etc. I think a lot of that has to do with society's views on psychological disorders. I had adopted many of those misconceptions. I knew I had a problem for years, but I felt like if I got help, I would admit that I am crazy. The thing is, in that state, you don't realize why depression is... well, happening.

Learning about the process that happens with receptors in the brain opened up a whole new world to me! Learning about other disorders that are linked to receptor imbalances gave me a whole new outlook on this. I learned that I can love myself even though I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. And that was what led me to research the anthropological/social aspect of depression and psychological disorders.

With that, I learned that the majority of the people around us don't understand psychological phenomena, even those who are suffering from depression and the like. To this day, several family members of mine tease me. It would have bothered me in the past, but understanding created a whole new outlook.

I recently got off Duloxetine and feel fantastic! Just wanted to share my story. If it helps just one person to get professional, medical help, then I've done a good deed. :)
Welcome to another international Blue!
Thanks for posting your story so openly. Hopefully it will help at least one person by sharing, and your battles, and successes, can be of benefit to many others ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back