Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I don't think that's strange at all, I felt like that when I went through the same thing mate. Looking back I think in a way it helped. To get out all the negative thoughts, the anger, the feelings of dread and doom straight away, then made everything that comes after actually easier to deal with in a way and you start thinking more positively. Just make sure you remember to look after yourself too and take all the help that's on offer.

At the start of course I was devastated, it's not until you speak to different people and you collect your thoughts that you're able to process what's going on and what to do for the best.

I've got faith in her pulling through because I know the type of character she is, hope to bring some good news of her successfully beating it in the future.

Just read it now @Robertor and I am speechless. I read your comments here about moving out to LA (?) and you sounded so happy (who would not be though) and I honestly was so happy for you and your family and now this happened. It's always sad to hear things like that, but thankfully they've caught it early and I hope this will just be another successfully passed challenge for you and your wife. Good luck to you and to @LinekersLegs too. Stay positive!

@DualityNSNO - Just remember you're from Balkans lad and everything will be fine, believe me. In all seriousness, just try to get all that frustration out somehow. Running always helps in my case. You are not constantly in your room, but you are taking all negativity out yourself alone. At the end, we all need that "our" time once in a while. На добър час!

Just read it now @Robertor and I am speechless. I read your comments here about moving out to LA (?) and you sounded so happy (who would not be though) and I honestly was so happy for you and your family and now this happened. It's always sad to hear things like that, but thankfully they've caught it early and I hope this will just be another successfully passed challenge for you and your wife. Good luck to you and to @LinekersLegs too. Stay positive!

@DualityNSNO - Just remember you're from Balkans lad and everything will be fine, believe me. In all seriousness, just try to get all that frustration out somehow. Running always helps in my case. You are not constantly in your room, but you are taking all negativity out yourself alone. At the end, we all need that "our" time once in a while. На добър час!

Thanks mate, really appreciate that. Hope you, your brother and the rest of your family are well?

Beautifully summed up... from all of us fellow Blues :)

At the start of course I was devastated, it's not until you speak to different people and you collect your thoughts that you're able to process what's going on and what to do for the best.

I've got faith in her pulling through because I know the type of character she is, hope to bring some good news of her successfully beating it in the future.
Hi mate been reading through your posts and my heart goes out to you and your wife, but also I have total admiration for how you are handling things. I guess your strength will help her through and will make her stronger, but don't forget you need to keep talking and make sure you are OK as well....she will need a strong shoulder to lean on

Hi mate been reading through your posts and my heart goes out to you and your wife, but also I have total admiration for how you are handling things. I guess your strength will help her through and will make her stronger, but don't forget you need to keep talking and make sure you are OK as well....she will need a strong shoulder to lean on

Thanks a lot mate. Really appreciate that.

I'm broken. My beautiful wife of 4 years has been diagnosed with cancer. I've been trying to stay strong for her and for our baby, but I need to break down and cry and kick and punch everything and ask why these things happen to me, to us. We've been through so much together, we're 26 and we've been together for 11 years, we've been through my coma, a miscarriage, losing two dogs, family members and a massive move to America, now this.

I don't know what to do, seriously. People say that like its a cliche but I don't know how to do anything, everything's just blank space to me. I thought this was it now and we could settle with new jobs and a new house in a new country with the potential for everything to be great.

Her mum and grandma have had cancer and they've both beaten it, I only hope my dear wife can be as strong. I can't believe I'm typing these words. I'm completely shattered.
My heart goes out to you mate.
God gives the hardest fights to the strongest people.
Treatments have come on so much mate she is in the best hands.
I was diagnosed with cancer in the summer and have been through chemo and awaiting surgery now.
Keep strong mate

Really feel for you mate, had some problems myself at a similar age and just this morning had some worrying test results that suggest it might be back so have a sense of what you, and particularly your wife, must be going through.

Will echo the others advice, especially the bit about keeping talking as problems can seem a little less intimidating when shared.
Good luck to you mate as well hope its not back

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back