Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Well in mate , one step at a time. Don't try and too much at once, do things at your own pace. Leave your mum until last if that's what you feel comfortable with, there's no right way or wrong way in your situation .

Well in mate, proud of you (for what it's worth) as I was in a similar situation not too long ago (although not as bad as yours, but still bad in its own way, family innit?) and I know it's not as easy as it sounds.

It doesn't sound arrogant at all, to me at least - for me everyone should try to do better than they already are doing, there's nothing wrong in saying (writing) it out loud! In fact, in my experience, it helps.

Also echoing what @COYBL25 said really - one step at a time! Best of luck mate!

Cheers both. It's most likely after Christmas, but I'm certainly looking forward to it and will help when work no longer has use for me during the new year.

Interesting that last week 'Kate' said she was to become a Champion for kids mental health, I wonder if she's aware that 65% of local authorities have frozen or cut their mental health budgets ?
the knock on effect of this ? probably longer waiting times after referral & shorter courses of counselling to get people through the system quicker and deemed 'cured' or put on the tablets if they are cheaper to provide than the counselling staff.
£85 million has been cut from Mental Health Budgets.

In my local authority a large new 'unit' is currently under construction in Leigh, how that will fare once open remains to be seen but with the cuts will it actually turn out to be what it was built for and operating at the level that was intended ? or will the cuts mean that it isnt fully staffed and sections of it are turned over to other nhs services ... defeating the whole point of the place being built.
Already camhs have stopped to provide anger management courses but say that with kids the length of referral time for things such as anxiety are a cause of anger developing, & if the anxiety was treated quickly it would be effective in stopping the anger from coming on to start with.

Really, really good day today. We've been to a consultant this morning who said that we've caught the cancer so early that with a few months of treatment there's a very, very high chance of her beating it. Doctor said that if he had to put it into numbers he'd say there's a 99% chance of her pulling through, which is brilliant. Luckily we were able to get a really quick appointment to try and put worries to bed. Can't put into words at the moment how over the moon I am, although it's not over just yet.

I've said thanks individually to everyone offering their support, but you're all fantastic people and you've made a pretty young lad who felt like he had nobody at one time, feel like he had the whole of GrandOldTeam supporting him. Can't thank you all enough and the next time I'm in England and at the Everton match there's a pint from me for all of you.

Keep doing what you're doing. Can't underestimate how far your words go to helping myself and my wife.

Really, really good day today. We've been to a consultant this morning who said that we've caught the cancer so early that with a few months of treatment there's a very, very high chance of her beating it. Doctor said that if he had to put it into numbers he'd say there's a 99% chance of her pulling through, which is brilliant. Luckily we were able to get a really quick appointment to try and put worries to bed. Can't put into words at the moment how over the moon I am, although it's not over just yet.

I've said thanks individually to everyone offering their support, but you're all fantastic people and you've made a pretty young lad who felt like he had nobody at one time, feel like he had the whole of GrandOldTeam supporting him. Can't thank you all enough and the next time I'm in England and at the Everton match there's a pint from me for all of you.

Keep doing what you're doing. Can't underestimate how far your words go to helping myself and my wife.

Great to hear mate, must be a massive relief

Massive smile on my face mate, and got something in my eye ffs.

Honest to god, that is such a great thing to read! Made up for you all. :pint2:

Fantastic mate. Keep that positive attitude going and your wife will be back to full health in no time for you to continue your US adventure.

nice one and good luck

Interesting that last week 'Kate' said she was to become a Champion for kids mental health, I wonder if she's aware that 65% of local authorities have frozen or cut their mental health budgets ?
the knock on effect of this ? probably longer waiting times after referral & shorter courses of counselling to get people through the system quicker and deemed 'cured' or put on the tablets if they are cheaper to provide than the counselling staff.
£85 million has been cut from Mental Health Budgets.

In my local authority a large new 'unit' is currently under construction in Leigh, how that will fare once open remains to be seen but with the cuts will it actually turn out to be what it was built for and operating at the level that was intended ? or will the cuts mean that it isnt fully staffed and sections of it are turned over to other nhs services ... defeating the whole point of the place being built.
Already camhs have stopped to provide anger management courses but say that with kids the length of referral time for things such as anxiety are a cause of anger developing, & if the anxiety was treated quickly it would be effective in stopping the anger from coming on to start with.
mental health cuts by 65% or frozen is a disgrace and I feel genuinely sorry for anyone waiting . After being told 13 weeks I had to wait for my 'help' it finally arrived after 7 months and a few blips and stays in hospital along the way I'm cracking on now

After reading that I count myself lucky.

Fair play to 'kate'

Great to read this as I wake up here this morning ;)

Fantastic news, ever so happy for you both.

Good news. Excellent.

;):D Brilliant news, keep us all updated on how things are going if and when you can mate .

Made my grumpy face smile after a fairly sh*te day/week at work mate, well in! Genuinely very happy for you and her both!

Fancy coming around to Scotland then? lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back