Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

At the start of course I was devastated, it's not until you speak to different people and you collect your thoughts that you're able to process what's going on and what to do for the best.

I've got faith in her pulling through because I know the type of character she is, hope to bring some good news of her successfully beating it in the future.
Good luck to you and your family mate

My heart goes out to you mate.
God gives the hardest fights to the strongest people.
Treatments have come on so much mate she is in the best hands.
I was diagnosed with cancer in the summer and have been through chemo and awaiting surgery now.
Keep strong mate

Great attitude mate,

Good luck, stay strong, if we can help individually or collectively just shout out

My heart goes out to you mate.
God gives the hardest fights to the strongest people.
Treatments have come on so much mate she is in the best hands.
I was diagnosed with cancer in the summer and have been through chemo and awaiting surgery now.
Keep strong mate
All the best with everything my man. If you feel open to talk about how things are going please let us all know in here.

I've opened up to the people who mean the most to me at the moment, still not told my mum as she's got enough on her plate already, my grandma's dementia, my uncle (her brother) and aunty (wife of said brother) both have cancer, which for me is a really crappie situation. But I've told my best mates and they've been great, one of the biggest problems I'm facing at the moment is that I feel like I can do more with my life than the zero hours contract I'm doing at the moment, (I hope that doesn't come across as arrogant) and a friend of mine has offered to try and get me classroom experience at her school as that's something that I can see myself doing but not totally sure whether I'd make a good teacher or not, so it would be good to have a sample.

I've opened up to the people who mean the most to me at the moment, still not told my mum as she's got enough on her plate already, my grandma's dementia, my uncle (her brother) and aunty (wife of said brother) both have cancer, which for me is a really crappie situation. But I've told my best mates and they've been great, one of the biggest problems I'm facing at the moment is that I feel like I can do more with my life than the zero hours contract I'm doing at the moment, (I hope that doesn't come across as arrogant) and a friend of mine has offered to try and get me classroom experience at her school as that's something that I can see myself doing but not totally sure whether I'd make a good teacher or not, so it would be good to have a sample.
Good luck . You won't know until you try mate . You've got more bottle than me even thinking about retraining and getting some experience in a different environment .

Good luck . You won't know until you try mate . You've got more bottle than me even thinking about retraining and getting some experience in a different environment .

Cheers lid, I'm certainly looking forward to the experience
thumbsup.gif

Well in mate , one step at a time. Don't try and too much at once, do things at your own pace. Leave your mum until last if that's what you feel comfortable with, there's no right way or wrong way in your situation .

Well in mate, proud of you (for what it's worth) as I was in a similar situation not too long ago (although not as bad as yours, but still bad in its own way, family innit?) and I know it's not as easy as it sounds.

It doesn't sound arrogant at all, to me at least - for me everyone should try to do better than they already are doing, there's nothing wrong in saying (writing) it out loud! In fact, in my experience, it helps.

Also echoing what @COYBL25 said really - one step at a time! Best of luck mate!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back