Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Just reading on the Everton twitter page it is 4 years ago today we lost Gary. How time has flown. RIP Gary Speed, gone but not forgotten.
I think as he looks down on us he would be proud of this thread and you starting it @Groucho.

CUzjqpXXIAAbRCm.jpg
Thanks. The main thing is it has helped people, and hopefully will continue to help people. If one person has benefitted then it's worth it.

Thanks. The main thing is it has helped people, and hopefully will continue to help people. If one person has benefitted then it's worth it.

Christ this thread is 2 years old next week, time has whizzed by. I think it's safe to say that it's been a massive help and offered amazing support to a lot of people in that time, long may it continue.

Just reading on the Everton twitter page it is 4 years ago today we lost Gary. How time has flown. RIP Gary Speed, gone but not forgotten.
I think as he looks down on us he would be proud of this thread and you starting it @Groucho.

CUzjqpXXIAAbRCm.jpg

You know mate, I was just thinking the same, proof that good can come out of the most terrible and tragic circumstances.

Shame that Gary Speed felt he had no-one to talk to....

@COYBL25 does a smashing job in here at times, as does @The Esk.

But the thread is good because we all muck in folks. Keep up the good work.

;)

I really would like to think that this thread can be rolled out onto other teams forums, which can cut across all rivalry's and become a real force of good. I'm not saying it's a panacea, but I really do think that it has the potential to be something that can help a great many people,

Absolutely. 100% agree. I also think that people who are not in this situation can see and read the stories here and may recognise it from someone close to them. Armed with such knowledge, they may reach out or at least show some compassion to others in need.

Don't know if it's been posted on here before if anything like this even exists but does anyone know of any online counsellor type things where you can talk to people if you need help? Like suicide hotline but not as dramatic

Thanks. I think they only do like over the phone, and I don't think I can quite deal with that

I would try - The Mental Health Forum mate. ( mentalhealthforum.net )

It's an NHS run online community for every conceivable type of mental health issue you can possibly think of and many more.

You have to join same as on here and it's " live " 24 hrs a day, there will be someone on there who you can talk to or guide you to the right people .

Hope this helps mate ?

I would try - The Mental Health Forum mate. ( mentalhealthforum.net )

It's an NHS run online community for every conceivable type of mental health issue you can possibly think of and many more.

You have to join same as on here and it's " live " 24 hrs a day, there will be someone on there who you can talk to or guide you to the right people .

Hope this helps mate ?

Thanks
I hope it helps cos I need it this evening relaly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back