Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Sort of, I did write on that forum that was suggested and I just put out my general feelings, I feel a bit better now
But still haven't actually spoken with anyone about what's causing the manic episodes I keep having

so yes and no :oops:

Good that you feel a bit better mate, if anyone can help here you know they will. When can you get to see a medical professional?

Good that you feel a bit better mate, if anyone can help here you know they will. When can you get to see a medical professional?
Monday probably
It's just your average joe problems, girlfriend leaves says she's not ready for committed relationship, two weeks later she's got a new boyfriend who's got 2 kids..

Monday probably
It's just your average joe problems, girlfriend leaves says she's not ready for committed relationship, two weeks later she's got a new boyfriend who's got 2 kids..

Sorry to read that mate, difficult when typing to say anything that doesn't sound crass, but just perhaps you're better without her given the above.

As you probably know plenty of people here who can listen to you at least, and you'll be in the minds of many - you're not alone.

Keep strong mate.

Sorry to read that mate, difficult when typing to say anything that doesn't sound crass, but just perhaps you're better without her given the above.

As you probably know plenty of people here who can listen to you at least, and you'll be in the minds of many - you're not alone.

Keep strong mate.
Yeah probably, its just a kick in the teeth. It's not the only thing that's going wrong in my life but that's right up there.

Thanks mate.

Monday probably
Well, there's no two ways about it...that sucks!

But, if someone doesn't want to be with you, then you don't want to be with them. I know that how she's landed will make you start to wonder & everything, but I think the best you can do is put it behind & move on. Yeah, that was really easy to type and reality isn't quite as easy to do, I'll definitely concede that.

You mention other things that are going wrong. Perhaps you can think of this as some sort of blessing in disguise. You can focus on those other matters without having to compromise anything you need to do because you have to consider your partner. Maybe, you can get the other matters sorted & then start looking for a partner again?

Just a thought. Good luck Mate.

Monday probably
Understandably it means little right now but in time you'll see that as a massive escape and a positive thing that happened in your life.

She's not the one for you, think of it as a valued character reference.

Chin up lid, see someone for help and you'll ride this out. Then when things are sound again you're gonna appreciate them so much more.

Thanks for the
Well, there's no two ways about it...that sucks!

But, if someone doesn't want to be with you, then you don't want to be with them. I know that how she's landed will make you start to wonder & everything, but I think the best you can do is put it behind & move on. Yeah, that was really easy to type and reality isn't quite as easy to do, I'll definitely concede that.

You mention other things that are going wrong. Perhaps you can think of this as some sort of blessing in disguise. You can focus on those other matters without having to compromise anything you need to do because you have to consider your partner. Maybe, you can get the other matters sorted & then start looking for a partner again?

Just a thought. Good luck Mate.

Thanks everyone for advice and comments and that, feel a bit better about it.

But I know what you mean but believe it or not having a partner actually was helping me get through these problems, because I thought I had someone on my side. It doesn't help either when your partner is someone you consider to be one of your best friends, and then decides they don't wish to speak.

Thanks for the

Thanks everyone for advice and comments and that, feel a bit better about it.

But I know what you mean but believe it or not having a partner actually was helping me get through these problems, because I thought I had someone on my side. It doesn't help either when your partner is someone you consider to be one of your best friends, and then decides they don't wish to speak.

Don't beat yourself mate, as others have said, if she was the right person she'd have stayed with you at least until you were better and then let you down gently at the right time. She's shown her true colours and that's something to console yourself with at least.

Don't beat yourself mate, as others have said, if she was the right person she'd have stayed with you at least until you were better and then let you down gently at the right time. She's shown her true colours and that's something to console yourself with at least.

Yeah I know, you know what it's like though. I'm more angry than anything. Where do people get off? She messaged a friend of mine to "check on me and make sure I was alright" as though I'm a baby.

Had a bad day today. Constantly feeling not good enough, it's happened throughout my life but it seems to have gotten stronger lately, I'm not sure whether it's confidence issues, low self esteem or somewhere in the middle, but I feel like I should be a lot more than what I am, it frustrates me and I beat myself up about it because I never act on my motivation to be/do better. I have days like this every once in a while then go back to being alright afterwards so I'm probably just venting but one day I'm going to have to act on it and try and change things because I tend to feel like if I'm not good enough for myself, I can't be good enough for anyone else. If that makes any sense.

Early night for this moody git I think lol

Had a bad day today. Constantly feeling not good enough, it's happened throughout my life but it seems to have gotten stronger lately, I'm not sure whether it's confidence issues, low self esteem or somewhere in the middle, but I feel like I should be a lot more than what I am, it frustrates me and I beat myself up about it because I never act on my motivation to be/do better. I have days like this every once in a while then go back to being alright afterwards so I'm probably just venting but one day I'm going to have to act on it and try and change things because I tend to feel like if I'm not good enough for myself, I can't be good enough for anyone else. If that makes any sense.

Early night for this moody git I think lol
An early night is probably best mate if it is making you feel down.

But that sort of feeling, within reason, can be a very positive thing to motivate you into actions that improve something in your life - it is after all an awful lot easier to muddle along or moan about the status quo.

Just need to get the balance right and given all the recent changes in your circumstances you might want to let things settle a little.

An early night is probably best mate if it is making you feel down.

But that sort of feeling, within reason, can be a very positive thing to motivate you into actions that improve something in your life - it is after all an awful lot easier to muddle along or moan about the status quo.

Just need to get the balance right and given all the recent changes in your circumstances you might want to let things settle a little.

You're right, I think I'm just sulking after a bad day. Doing some things like rejoining a gym should be a start to getting a bit of faith in myself, just at times I let things get to me a bit too much.

You're right, I think I'm just sulking after a bad day. Doing some things like rejoining a gym should be a start to getting a bit of faith in myself, just at times I let things get to me a bit too much.
Easy to do mate. Am a big believer that exercise is postive for the mood - although when I was frantically flailing on my exercise machine watching the dying seconds of the Bournemouth game have to say it didn't really help when we conceeded :p

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back