Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hi.

I am new to this thread. So forgive my naivety.

I do not suffer from depression or anxiety; however my fiance has been diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety and fits the description of borderline personality disorder.

I am at wits end to be honest. I have consulted counseling, doctors, friends, religious leaders...but nothing I have done seems to convince my love that there is treatment available and it helps. She refuses all help in all forms. At this juncture, it is crushing our family including our daughter who is only 6 and doesnt understand the anger fits or why mommy sleeps all the time.

so I feel selfish right now in asking...how do i move on? Is there some glimmer oh hope someone else who has been in this kind of situation can offer?

Welcome to the forum mate. This may be something your aware of all ready, but it's another great forum for not only those with mental health problems, but their loved ones too. ( This is something that is often overlooked, I know this as my missus came close to throwing the towel in when I was bad ! )

MENTALHEALTHFORUM.NET

It's an NHS run online community and you have to join, same as on here before you can post. I can guarantee there will be someone on there at the mo who is in a similar situation. They may not have the answers, but you may be able to bounce off each other.

There's no clique on here mate, so no need to " forgive your anxiety " !!

Most of the regulars on here have either had or still have their problems, so you're amongst friends mate ;)

If I could give you a plus 10 for that mate I would.

What a very powerful and effective way of showing how quickly things can spiral for someone who previously had everything to live for.

Well in for posting that.
I've been feeling quite low for the last weeks, particularly last night, but after finding that song it made me realise there's lot of men out there feeling low.

I'm a massive lurker in this thread, as I know some others are.
When the time is right etc.. It's nice to know it's here.

It's a credit to you all.

Think a lot of people just benefit from the thread being here, possibly reading about people with problems similar to their own or just the fact that this thread is evidence of, and testimony to the community spirit that exists on GOT.

It's great to know you can benefit from just lurking.....

This afternoon at 3.50pm, my father lost his battle with cancer. I am absolutely devastated. He was a much loved man who always had a smile on his face, and time for anyone. I remember how proud I was when he arranged for the club to show me around the ground and trophy room as a suprise for my 11th birthday after we had just won the league. RIP sir.

No words will do now, but later they will help, the words will be here when you're a bit down and maybe need them.
Just ask when you're ready and when you're ready you'll ask.

@Toast; you too

Feeling so, so low today. Drank a lot last night, embarassed myself in front of quite a big number of people, obviously felt horrible in the morning and over the day, my (well now, ex) girl broke up because she's apparently against it and "that was not me" last night. Friend who literally texted me to go and watch a local basketball game yesterday didn't even respond this morning and refused to get me home last night, i even managed to get in a small "fight", mom was pretty disappointed, even "friends" who helped me get home were trying to embarass me more by sending drunk videos and photos etc, etc. I mean, I didn't do much wrong (stuff you do when you get smashed - chat [Poor language removed], get on the floor, dance...), it just seems like when I do it - it becomes a big thing. Not to even mention I feel so disappointed about some of them above...

I really do feel horrible right now and I promised to myself I am never doing this again, but I'll try to make this as positive as I can. At least I saw who are true friends of mine and I could count them on my fingers at this point.

Feeling so, so low today. Drank a lot last night, embarassed myself in front of quite a big number of people, obviously felt horrible in the morning and over the day, my (well now, ex) girl broke up because she's apparently against it and "that was not me" last night. Friend who literally texted me to go and watch a local basketball game yesterday didn't even respond this morning and refused to get me home last night, i even managed to get in a small "fight", mom was pretty disappointed, even "friends" who helped me get home were trying to embarass me more by sending drunk videos and photos etc, etc. I mean, I didn't do much wrong (stuff you do when you get smashed - chat [Poor language removed], get on the floor, dance...), it just seems like when I do it - it becomes a big thing.

I really do feel horrible right now and I promised to myself I am never doing this again, but I'll try to make this as positive as I can. At least I saw who are true friends of mine and I could count them on my fingers at this point.
The alcohol leaving your system next day magnifies things mate, it's never as bad as it seems in your head. The fear they call it.

If you truly have had a legendary ruin it all night then you're best swerving getting that drunk for a wee while and sorting your head out a bit for balance. Friendships and relationships can be mended bra, sleep today and get to work tomorrow. That's if you want to like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back