Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

The alcohol leaving your system next day magnifies things mate, it's never as bad as it seems in your head. The fear they call it.

If you truly have had a legendary ruin it all night then you're best swerving getting that drunk for a wee while and sorting your head out a bit for balance. Friendships and relationships can be mended bra, sleep today and get to work tomorrow. That's if you want to like.

Spot on. I did something similar at a wedding years ago after doing a load of slammers. Some very bad language and drunken heckling during the speeches. I deservedly got a slap for my troubles. Spent the morning after on the phone apologising. Every one forgave me and is still my mate. We all do mad things in drink mate, given time you'll laugh about what a tit you were, as will the others .

Spot on with the description of the word for the anxiety than can come with a hangover - The Fear.

Top line from Witnail and I - " pass me a Valium, for I have the fear "

Feeling so, so low today. Drank a lot last night, embarassed myself in front of quite a big number of people, obviously felt horrible in the morning and over the day, my (well now, ex) girl broke up because she's apparently against it and "that was not me" last night. Friend who literally texted me to go and watch a local basketball game yesterday didn't even respond this morning and refused to get me home last night, i even managed to get in a small "fight", mom was pretty disappointed, even "friends" who helped me get home were trying to embarass me more by sending drunk videos and photos etc, etc. I mean, I didn't do much wrong (stuff you do when you get smashed - chat [Poor language removed], get on the floor, dance...), it just seems like when I do it - it becomes a big thing. Not to even mention I feel so disappointed about some of them above...

I really do feel horrible right now and I promised to myself I am never doing this again, but I'll try to make this as positive as I can. At least I saw who are true friends of mine and I could count them on my fingers at this point.

All a learning curve mate. I used to love getting embarrassingly wankered but can't anymore because it'll be all over the internet the next day.

Like you said though, it'll be an experience to learn from. And remember, everyone does weird embarrassing stuff when drunk so don't worry about that too much.

Feeling so, so low today. Drank a lot last night, embarassed myself in front of quite a big number of people, obviously felt horrible in the morning and over the day, my (well now, ex) girl broke up because she's apparently against it and "that was not me" last night. Friend who literally texted me to go and watch a local basketball game yesterday didn't even respond this morning and refused to get me home last night, i even managed to get in a small "fight", mom was pretty disappointed, even "friends" who helped me get home were trying to embarass me more by sending drunk videos and photos etc, etc. I mean, I didn't do much wrong (stuff you do when you get smashed - chat [Poor language removed], get on the floor, dance...), it just seems like when I do it - it becomes a big thing. Not to even mention I feel so disappointed about some of them above...

I really do feel horrible right now and I promised to myself I am never doing this again, but I'll try to make this as positive as I can. At least I saw who are true friends of mine and I could count them on my fingers at this point.

If you're friends and your girlfriend are good people then they'll understand if you just apologise to them for the things you regret doing. You were drunk and that obviously has a big effect on people, and I don't drink personally so I understand their point of view that overly drunk people on a night out can do your head in, but surely not to an extent where they wouldn't want anything to do with you afterwards.

As the all knowing Chico said, the next day after drinking it's like the worlds going to end. You just need to calm down for a bit and chill out on your own for a few hours, then go to your girlfriends house or your friends' house and just explain all of your feelings. If they're worth your friendship then they'll forgive you as long as they know you're sincere about it.

Back when I used to drink I used to be a complete divvy. My mate who doesn't drink had to fetch me out of the same lake by our house everytime we'd been drinking, he used to hate me for it the next day but we'd be fine the day after, don't stress out too much brother. All will be fine and you can sort it all out.

Haven't been home for Christmas for ten years. Does my head in. I'll do in a bottle of whiskey and swerve the temptations my mates are trying to push my way.

I'm working away for Christmas for the first time this year. Been dreading it ever since I was told. Back on the 27th but have to leave on Christmas Eve, don't know how I'm going to do it.

Can't you put it forward a day? Fly to Florida and you got a truck load of cheaper charters available from Orlando direct to Manchester.

I wasn't going home for Christmas like, we're staying in LA. But I've got to go and work covering an NFL game in Philadelphia. Don't have a clue why they're making me go so early but just a couple of months into a job I'm a bit worried about having it out with my boss about it. I hope that if I go in and say I'll be willing to pay extra to get a flight on Boxing Day then he'll be alright but I don't really know him well enough to guess how he'll react.

I suffer bad black outs with the beer. And feel depressed and anxious about it for days, sometimes weeks .

People think black outs are an excuse for being a tit when drunk . But it's genuine .one minute I'm fine, then all of a sudden it's the next day and I'm lying there in dread thinking what happened . I can go out for a couple but once I've got the taste I have no will power and turn into a selfish beaut who is only bothered about getting smashed.

Then the flash backs start coming to you .

I love a bevie but it doesn't half have a bad impact on my life. So now I hardly ever drink . In fact I'm off it now for a while . The worse thing is I'm not a very sociable drinker anymore . Moving down south and spending a lot of time on my own has changed my mind when I drink .

I'm not saying ill never drink again because I will. But I want to get back to drinking and being socialable and knowing when I've had enough .

I suffer bad black outs with the beer. And feel depressed and anxious about it for days, sometimes weeks .

People think black outs are an excuse for being a tit when drunk . But it's genuine .one minute I'm fine, then all of a sudden it's the next day and I'm lying there in dread thinking what happened . I can go out for a couple but once I've got the taste I have no will power and turn into a selfish beaut who is only bothered about getting smashed.

Then the flash backs start coming to you .

I love a bevie but it doesn't half have a bad impact on my life. So now I hardly ever drink . In fact I'm off it now for a while . The worse thing is I'm not a very sociable drinker anymore . Moving down south and spending a lot of time on my own has changed my mind when I drink .

I'm not saying ill never drink again because I will. But I want to get back to drinking and being socialable and knowing when I've had enough .
Could've written this word for word myself, and the exact reason I swerved my work do Friday. Still had a skinful indoors like. The trouble is its so hard to stop lad. You have to want to, I used to smash the beak every weekend, when I couldn't afford it. Now I actually can I don't do it. Once in a very blue moon, but the ale I just can't kick, because I don't want to,
Anyway the point is you're not the only one kid, everyone gets those feelings after you've been bladdered and you wake up thinking oh ffs not again.
All we can do is try again tomorrow.

Could've written this word for word myself, and the exact reason I swerved my work do Friday. Still had a skinful indoors like. The trouble is its so hard to stop lad. You have to want to, I used to smash the beak every weekend, when I couldn't afford it. Now I actually can I don't do it. Once in a very blue moon, but the ale I just can't kick, because I don't want to,
Anyway the point is you're not the only one kid, everyone gets those feelings after you've been bladdered and you wake up thinking oh ffs not again.
agree mate . Same with the lemo, very rarely do that now but when I've had a drink IF I fancy a stripe I'll get it even if I can't afford it and don't care about the consequences . I'm not talking a 40 bag it would run into a few ton no problem . Because I'm greedy and daft .

I genuine would prefer a bevie indoors now as its less likely to cost a fortune and cause 'the fear' for days afterwards .

But drinking indoors for the last 5 years has helped cause half the problems by becoming unsociable.

I even hate going the match now cause I don't want to see my mates or anyone I know . I think even they know I need to get my head together which to be fair I am doing .

agree mate . Same with the lemo, very rarely do that now but when I've had a drink IF I fancy a stripe I'll get it even if I can't afford it and don't care about the consequences . I'm not talking a 40 bag it would run into a few ton no problem . Because I'm greedy and daft .

I genuine would prefer a bevie indoors now as its less likely to cost a fortune and cause 'the fear' for days afterwards .

But drinking indoors for the last 5 years has helped cause half the problems by becoming unsociable.

I even hate going the match now cause I don't want to see my mates or anyone I know . I think even they know I need to get my head together which to be fair I am doing .

Lads, hope you don't mind me saying so, but I so admire your honesty in your posts on this thread. Whether you recognise it in yourselves or not I don't know but what you've written here is a huge credit to yourselves, and hopefully an inspiration to many.

Lads, hope you don't mind me saying so, but I so admire your honesty in your posts on this thread. Whether you recognise it in yourselves or not I don't know but what you've written here is a huge credit to yourselves, and hopefully an inspiration to many.
its only the truth at the end of the day mate and it's only lately I've been honest to myself . For years I've done this and got through life sound but I could of done a lot more . It taken one crap thing for my past to come back and bite me on the arse this year . In a way I've needed it to happen . For years I've laughed the ale off but only the past few months have I realised it's a big fault of mine .

I can go weeks without a drink. But when im in the mood for a proper drink . It just ends up causing more hassle than it's worth . And puts me in misery for weeks as I try and blank out that daft day on the ale were I black out and have no memory .

I'm defo not an alcoholic but I do have a problem with the stuff .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back