Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

thank you. I will be on here as long as I can. and if anyone wants to ask questions that seem awkward feel free it does help to talk about it.
Thanks for telling us that mate.

I won't lie, I have been is a bit of a shock state since reading your post a few days ago. I thought things were on the improve. It hit me,like everyone else I am sure, like a brick to the face.

How long have you been told is the prognosis? How do you even begin to process it and start thinking of such a timeframe? Are there things you would like to do while you are still able to mate?

I had the confirmation Thursday afternoon. it's not an exact science so I think they just guess when lol. they just said could be 2 weeks could be 2 months. to be honest I don't really think it's sunk in as yet as I don't feel any different than I did last week.

I had the confirmation Thursday afternoon. it's not an exact science so I think they just guess when lol. they just said could be 2 weeks could be 2 months. to be honest I don't really think it's sunk in as yet as I don't feel any different than I did last week.
Are you comfortable pain wise? Anything you would like to do if able to?

I've held off replying because every time I typed out a response it didn't seem to do the situation justice.

But then again, words can't really ever do it justice, so I'll say it as plainly as possible. I'm deeply sorry to hear the news and I hope your remaining time is filled with friends, family and good memories.

Have you considered palliative care?

My grandfather, several years ago now, spent his last weeks in our local hospice. The work they did to make his situation as comfortable as possible was just incredible. There are no words really that can describe the care both he and my family received from the nurses and staff.

Hospice's aren't just beds either. Many of them offer in-home respite care, day services and therapy & counselling for both patients and their family members.

I don't know if it's something you have thought about, but they are special, specific services designed to help both you and your loved ones through what is a very difficult time.

I've held off replying because every time I typed out a response it didn't seem to do the situation justice.

But then again, words can't really ever do it justice, so I'll say it as plainly as possible. I'm deeply sorry to hear the news and I hope your remaining time is filled with friends, family and good memories.

Have you considered palliative care?

My grandfather, several years ago now, spent his last weeks in our local hospice. The work they did to make his situation as comfortable as possible was just incredible. There are no words really that can describe the care both he and my family received from the nurses and staff.

Hospice's aren't just beds either. Many of them offer in-home respite care, day services and therapy & counselling for both patients and their family members.

I don't know if it's something you have thought about, but they are special, specific services designed to help both you and your loved ones through what is a very difficult time.
these things have been discussed briefly. hopefully a meeting will be had soon with nursing staff to discuss fully all options.

this has been a 3 year battle so its always been that it would happen 1 day .trying to say I've been prepared, been thru the emotions etc but the new hard thing for me is the family feeling it now.

I appreciate your honest posts wbn61, but I just cannot bring myself to clicking "like".

After she got the last rites, I whispered in my Mums ear that she had fought the good fight and it was time to rest. No more fighting my anonymous, distant friend. You're in my thoughts all the way from Oz. Be with your family & those closest as much as you can.

*SHlT! I'm welling up again!
sowee.gif

these things have been discussed briefly. hopefully a meeting will be had soon with nursing staff to discuss fully all options.

this has been a 3 year battle so its always been that it would happen 1 day .trying to say I've been prepared, been thru the emotions etc but the new hard thing for me is the family feeling it now.

Families always hope for the best, even when faced with the absolute. It's part of the love that makes a family.
Sticking together through the toughest of times and knowing that, no matter what, the time spent with one another is precious.

I appreciate your honest posts wbn61, but I just cannot bring myself to clicking "like".

After she got the last rites, I whispered in my Mums ear that she had fought the good fight and it was time to rest. No more fighting my anonymous, distant friend. You're in my thoughts all the way from Oz. Be with your family & those closest as much as you can.

*SHlT! I'm welling up again!
sowee.gif
I take the like as an acknowledgement so feel free to use it if you want. sorry for your loss.

It's a hard thing for someone to take and so you and your family must be in state of unrealism so to speak. All I can say is keep posting when you want to, if you wanna talk about a cup of tea or anything atall just do it mate. And carry on being the brave respectful guy you are matey.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back