Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

A good mate of mine got diagnosed with an aggressive terminal cancer when he was a relatively young man and he lived well past the prognosis. He was a realist but also and eternal optimist if that makes sense. His missus had a little girl past his prognosis date, she conceived before all his treatment began .This is going to sound a bit hippyish, but he changed his diet massively to all these so called " super foods ". He swore that they helped. He still loved his ale though !
Don't do what he did though and kick the MacMillan girls into touch. They really are brilliant and will really help your family as much as they can. Please keep posting on here, I know we can't change anything, but at least you can talk about things that maybe you don't feel comfortable talking to your family about. Also please feel free to PM with anything at all that you want to talk about off the books so to speak.
+1 @wbn61
I may not have the experience and knowledge of this fella ;) but always here for you mate.

image.webp

what a shtty day that was yesterday. visit to the cemetery to commemorate the anniversary of my brothers death, watching that embarrassing shower last night and waiting for my oncologists results.
well sorry to say folks its terminal.
don't know what else to say. GOT has been a daily part of my life so just felt you all should know.

Not nice atall for you or your family.
Mate fight it all the way u can and I'm sure you will. If you ever wanna just vent I'm all ears pal.

Not nice atall for you or your family.
Mate fight it all the way u can and I'm sure you will. If you ever wanna just vent I'm all ears pal.
as the days go by I probably will vent. At the moment i'm quite calm. been a busy day sorting out finances and arranging the funeral so I havn't really had time to think too much about it. go to the hospital on Monday for some palliative care such as a stent and some medication to ease the discomfort and pain.
more than likely my next post will be in the fume thread after tomorrows game lol (hopefully not)
hope everyone has a happy night tomorrow and to those that go have a great day out.

as the days go by I probably will vent. At the moment i'm quite calm. been a busy day sorting out finances and arranging the funeral so I havn't really had time to think too much about it. go to the hospital on Monday for some palliative care such as a stent and some medication to ease the discomfort and pain.
more than likely my next post will be in the fume thread after tomorrows game lol (hopefully not)
hope everyone has a happy night tomorrow and to those that go have a great day out.
Hope they give you a performance to be proud of tomorrow mate.

Perspective & respect are two words I think of when reading your posts mate. ;) I don't think I could contribute anything to your day with my words however, I will reiterate what others have said & encourage you to keep posting.

I imagine you would want your remaining time with family & friends to be quality, so please use us as your personal whipping post to get any negative stuff out. We're here 24/7.

Another excellent article regarding depression in the guardian, I think Theyve really led the way in discussing mental health in the media.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/19/depression-awareness-mental-illness-feel-like
'From the outside it may look like malingering, bad temper and ugly behaviour – and who can empathise with such unattractive traits? Depression is actually much more complex, nuanced and dark than unhappiness – more like an implosion of self. In a serious state of depression, you become a sort of half-living ghost.'

Had mates who lived by Maine Road and used to drink in - the Albert, just at the back of all the curry houses. Had some great times in there. Great mix, old West Indians, Irish and locals. Never ever got grief in there, loved the place and still go and have a pint if I'm in Manchester . A trip to the old ground certainly was lively, especially for night games !

Any of your fans need any help mate and don't want to use what's available on yours, tell to come on here, it's a truly wonderful site and does some great work especially for fellas who wouldn't normally open up and ask for help.

Cheers.
Agreed. I was only able to get a tangible grip on my own problems through catching a discussion on the radio by chance. I take solace from the thought that there's some lurkers reading this thread who are able to relate to some of the issues mentioned and seek help themselves.
It's a greater strength to admit to possible problems within yourself and challenge them than to try and cover them up or not face up to them.

How are you today mate?

what a shtty day that was yesterday. visit to the cemetery to commemorate the anniversary of my brothers death, watching that embarrassing shower last night and waiting for my oncologists results.
well sorry to say folks its terminal.
don't know what else to say. GOT has been a daily part of my life so just felt you all should know.
I don't know what to say either mate. Death comes to us all. Really sad to read this. From my own experiences of losing people to cancer you just have try to be brave but honest I think. Keep posting please. Especially when you feel things are getting overwhelming

over yesterday now I think lol. not too bad thank you quite weary. just trying to get in touch with people and sort other stuff out. mind is confused as which to do first, it's a whirl. just taking a breather to look on here and maybe do a crossword or something to chill.
Keep away from any Everton crossword mate ;)

I don't know what to say either mate. Death comes to us all. Really sad to read this. From my own experiences of losing people to cancer you just have try to be brave but honest I think. Keep posting please. Especially when you feel things are getting overwhelming
thank you. I will be on here as long as I can. and if anyone wants to ask questions that seem awkward feel free it does help to talk about it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back