Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I have been watching this mans videos for a while now and came across this one on depression, I wasn't sure whether to post it as he doesn't sugar coat his message .

Anyway I have decided to post it as people can make their own minds up and it might just help.

Well another good weekend was had. (besides the normal 90 min lol). Took our visiting friends out for the night and had a good time. Lots of photos taken, it was like being in front of the paparazzi with all the flashes lol. Went today with the wife for our free meal at my blue mates pub.

But I seem to be finding it harder to recover. Usually a day resting or a few hours in bed I'm ok, but not now. I try to carry on as normal so no one notices but it's a struggle.
On a brighter note I realise how lucky I am. With talking to people I am finding out what problems and worries they are facing, small examples 1 friend had a brain tumor a few years back and fears the return and the things she will suffer, another has a disease that she knows will eventualy lead to dementia and that scares her, some of the young people my wife cares for who have had no life as such and will go early, you on here who have your own illnesses and problems. You still have to face them, mine will be over but with a life that was full and worthy.

Well another good weekend was had. (besides the normal 90 min lol). Took our visiting friends out for the night and had a good time. Lots of photos taken, it was like being in front of the paparazzi with all the flashes lol. Went today with the wife for our free meal at my blue mates pub.

But I seem to be finding it harder to recover. Usually a day resting or a few hours in bed I'm ok, but not now. I try to carry on as normal so no one notices but it's a struggle.
On a brighter note I realise how lucky I am. With talking to people I am finding out what problems and worries they are facing, small examples 1 friend had a brain tumor a few years back and fears the return and the things she will suffer, another has a disease that she knows will eventualy lead to dementia and that scares her, some of the young people my wife cares for who have had no life as such and will go early, you on here who have your own illnesses and problems. You still have to face them, mine will be over but with a life that was full and worthy.
Your words are an inspiration mate.

@wbn61 - you do know you that you don't have to carry on so no-one notices, right? You are allowed to be tired and let people know x

And, since you were concerned, the date guy blew me out - long story- so it didn't happen. Am trying not to go back to my cynical "all guys are flaky" thoughts (yes, in advance of comments, I know it's unfair of me to say, but … it's tough)… will bounce back soon enough, but tough. Sick of being someone's option rather than their priority…

Anyhow. New week, new thoughts. Wish @wbn61 and everyone else here a good week. Off to see my NHS therapist on Monday, let's see how that goes…

@wbn61 - you do know you that you don't have to carry on so no-one notices, right? You are allowed to be tired and let people know x

And, since you were concerned, the date guy blew me out - long story- so it didn't happen. Am trying not to go back to my cynical "all guys are flaky" thoughts (yes, in advance of comments, I know it's unfair of me to say, but … it's tough)… will bounce back soon enough, but tough. Sick of being someone's option rather than their priority…

Anyhow. New week, new thoughts. Wish @wbn61 and everyone else here a good week. Off to see my NHS therapist on Monday, let's see how that goes…

Nice to know you're staying strong, please remain that way.
The reason i'm trying to hide it is because my wife tends to panic if there are any changes so I don't want her to worry unnecessarily.

That last line is one the most incredible things I've ever read mate, made me fill up big time.

Just a thought - it may help your missus and family afterwards, if she / they could read what you have been posting on here. I know you think that you're just a " normal " bloke, just getting on with things, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but you're not mate. As Kith says, you are an inspiration and I' m sure your wife / family would be immensely proud of what your doing on here.

Genuinely taken back by this post, mate. Seriously wish you and your family the best and like others have said, I have been finding what you post in here very inspiring.

That last line is one the most incredible things I've ever read mate, made me fill up big time.

Just a thought - it may help your missus and family afterwards, if she / they could read what you have been posting on here. I know you think that you're just a " normal " bloke, just getting on with things, but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but you're not mate. As Kith says, you are an inspiration and I' m sure your wife / family would be immensely proud of what your doing on here.

Just to say, I couldn't have said it better- @wbn61 your outlook is unbelievable, and without wanting to sound cheesy, incredibly inspirational. Also, I'm sure we'd all be happy to talk with your loved ones too, if they felt that support was appropriate, as and when x

I have to echo others words mate - your an inspiration hope I'm not boring you with robbing others words lol but you are buddy.

It's still your life to live mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back