Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Sorry you had to put up with unhelpful responses; like I said in my PM, I'm happy to try and help (for the avatar or if you just need to let off steam).

Friendly reminder to others here that this isn't really the space for jokey answers (at least, in my humble opinion), as we are all going through struggles and some days the 'joke' isn't funny.
Well said Flippa. Just caught the end of it and am not sure what our friend is trying to do if you could explain?

What the f is going on? no one seems to want to help or taking the ps with your bigoted sheep and boyo remarks even the mods who are usually quite helpful seem to be ignoring me. just had enough now forget it

Are you on a pc or an iPad mate, I can tell you how to do it on an iPad ?

I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to upset you mate, just a bit of gentle wumming that's all, same as always on here ?

still struggling to put a new avatar up. help please?
Sorry mate, didn't see this earlier.

Click on your name, top right next to Inbox & Alerts...
Click on Your Profile Page...
There should be a large avatar picture there, just click on that & it will open up a window that will allow you to change the avatar. If you've got something on the internet, I'd download it first & then upload it to GoT

still struggling to put a new avatar up. help please?
Sorry mate, didn't see this earlier.

Click on your name, top right next to Inbox & Alerts...
Click on Your Profile Page...
There should be a large avatar picture there, just click on that & it will open up a window that will allow you to change the avatar. If you've got something on the internet, I'd download it first & then upload it to GoT
Yeah missed it myself.

Pretty much this.

If you struggle, shout.

Soz Furey, missed this post then couldn't reply.
I'm in my third year of study, the course is four years.
Still like the course content itself, but staying engaged is an ongoing struggle

No worries, mate.

My advice, while probably unoriginal, is just to thug it out for another year. I've just finished my fourth year and began it feeling similar to you. Granted things in my social life weren't affecting me so I imagine that's tough.

Just look at it this way, mate. You've got summer coming up to blow off a lot of steam and have a good time, maybe try and sort things out between you and your mates. After which it's 9-10 months more of uni, get your degree and put it behind you.

Obviously it's up to you and what you think is right, mate. One thing I would stress is uni or no uni, don't get yourself down thinking you're wasting your life because from what I've seen it takes most people until a lot older than 21/22 to have the lives even remotely sorted.

P.S. Dunno if you're finished for summer or still in exam season but in any case best of luck!

Apologies to everyone, not been in a good place lately and I think I lost it a bit. With the chest infection dragging me down and the stress of the fund raising and trying to change my avatar for 3 days got me behaving like a petulant child. I have a pic I want to put up but it won't work maybe it's too big or maybe its taken by a phone etc so tried scanning it then scanner had no driver tried all sorts nearly ended up throwing pc at wall lol. I know I said prognosis is only a guess with the oncologist and I can last as long as it takes even end of year just be positive BUT theres that little niggle at the back of my brain that has a 2 month exp date and I am now entering the 2nd month. silly I know but its there and pops up now and again. My rational brain carries on as normal and looks to the future as if nothings happening. Despite the short notice and a lot of let downs we managed to raise £236.57 for the cancer unit, the turnout was amazing.

Apologies to everyone, not been in a good place lately and I think I lost it a bit. With the chest infection dragging me down and the stress of the fund raising and trying to change my avatar for 3 days got me behaving like a petulant child. I have a pic I want to put up but it won't work maybe it's too big or maybe its taken by a phone etc so tried scanning it then scanner had no driver tried all sorts nearly ended up throwing pc at wall lol. I know I said prognosis is only a guess with the oncologist and I can last as long as it takes even end of year just be positive BUT theres that little niggle at the back of my brain that has a 2 month exp date and I am now entering the 2nd month. silly I know but its there and pops up now and again. My rational brain carries on as normal and looks to the future as if nothings happening. Despite the short notice and a lot of let downs we managed to raise £236.57 for the cancer unit, the turnout was amazing.
Great stuff mate. No need to apologise.

The pic may be too big. Do you have a link to the pic online somewhere? See if we can resize it.

There is nothing to apologise for mate. For the avatar thing, there probably is a size limit maybe the mods can advise the way forward. If it is too big then pm me and I'll give you my email address and will resize it for you.

I can't imagine what you are going through but I am almost certain I wouldn't be able to handle it in the way that you've demonstrated these past weeks. Although we are all in awe of how you've coped, there is no pressure to go with that, it is ok to not feel great or to reach out for help. If you do, I can promise you that everybody who reads this thread is in your corner ;)

Well done on the fund raising too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back