Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Going to the hospice in the morning for an assessment. But to be honest I'm past caring now, just feel so detached from everything, think I'm losing the fight.
They have a term down here in the AFL, "Junk time". Not sure if it's used there (although I think it's called Garbage time in the States) but I get the feeling that by your last statement, that you might be feeling like you're in Junk time.

If you don't know, Junk time is when a game is winding down and one team has an insurmountable lead over the other. It's a pointless period of time because there is no chance of a change in the result. This sounds harsh but bear with me... The odd thing about Junk time is that the winning team can start to taste the victory & enjoy the last few minutes. They actually don't care what the opposition does anymore. Often, this allows the opposition to start making some gains & get some goals or good plays in.

What I'm trying to say is that you can still make some gains in your own personal Junk time. There are still some positives that you can achieve during this time. Don't let it be a blowout.

Going to the hospice in the morning for an assessment. But to be honest I'm past caring now, just feel so detached from everything, think I'm losing the fight.
I think you know we struggle at times to make the right response, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we don't but we read your posts and care. Hope your visit went ok, let us know how you got on.

I'm sorry to hear you feel like that.

I think the only thing i would want to ask you is why? Why do you feel like this now?

Inspiring to read that. Thanks a lot mate. Believe me me when I say that's that best thing I've read in ages.

Thanks. Honestly any advice and help I can offer I will. Know @Durham Toffee has faced similar, remember posting to him when he was struggling and he is a great lad from his posts, sure he is a source of help too. With threads like this always remember you are never alone. Help is always close by, keep positive mate.

Have never met you Lad but I find inspiration in you. Your posts have made me smile on the train on the way home from work and set me up for a good evening. You are touching lives many miles away for many Blues. Respect.

Thanks. Honestly any advice and help I can offer I will. Know @Durham Toffee has faced similar, remember posting to him when he was struggling and he is a great lad from his posts, sure he is a source of help too. With threads like this always remember you are never alone. Help is always close by, keep positive mate.

Indeed. Cheers, mate. Always her for others; this forum was a source of comfort and solace for me for many months, and still is. Anything I can repay is a wonderful privilege for me.

Didn't learn much at the hospice, but we had to give it a go didn't we? there was an option of an open session where we all sit and discuss coping mechanisms but I think I would rather do that with you lot lol, I still feel a bit detached but feel that there is still some fight left so onwards and up wards, or is it upwards and onwards? you all know how useless I am with links, pics, anything computer associated I am on here but there is a good site that has lots of depression related quotes that seem ok http://healthshire.com/93-depression-quotes/, hang in there everyone and I hope this post finds you all well.

Didn't learn much at the hospice, but we had to give it a go didn't we? there was an option of an open session where we all sit and discuss coping mechanisms but I think I would rather do that with you lot lol, I still feel a bit detached but feel that there is still some fight left so onwards and up wards, or is it upwards and onwards? you all know how useless I am with links, pics, anything computer associated I am on here but there is a good site that has lots of depression related quotes that seem ok http://healthshire.com/93-depression-quotes/, hang in there everyone and I hope this post finds you all well.
Going to sound a silly question, but have you starting getting down since the football season finished?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back