Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

awoke this morning this is our code word for I'm still here if this doesn' appear I am gone hope everyone understands
Hi mate, your words had me immediately thinking of Dafydd Iwan's Yma O Hyd , different context I know but the words seem appropriate in that if you're still here "We are still here" too ! Enjoy!

For others , to save you Googling, Dafydd Iwan is a Welsh language singer, and many other things, Yma O Hyd is one of his best known songs , the chorus translates as :

We are still here,
we are still here,
in spite of everyone and everything,
in spite of everyone and everything,
in spite of everyone and everything.
We are still here,
we are still here,

Dafydd Iwan - Yma O Hyd - YouTube

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-30_21-37-49.webp
    upload_2016-6-30_21-37-49.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 93

I would like to suggest @wbn61 be honoured in by us, his fellows on this forum, in some small way to show how touched we've all been by his story. You're truly amazing man mate and I would for one would like to make that when you leaves us (which hopefully isn't for a while yet!) that you're never forgotten and your story and account are not lost to the archives of the forum.

Perhaps by naming him as the inaugural Grand Old Team Giant? One of the mods could create a new page on the site with a list of accounts, and a very select list at that, given this small honour by their fellow posters? People who brought great character to the forum and provided such wonderful inspiration.

Or maybe (with yours and your family's permission of course mate) that everything you've shared with us is written up into a small piece that is permanently locked at the top of the forum. So whenever any of us feel we need to hear from somebody who's been in a very bad spot but stayed strong we can go and read your posts over again and remind ourselves of how truly extraordinary you've been in handling your situation, to give the rest of us hope about handling our problems? If you can show such strength when so many tragedies are hitting you so hard and fast then it gives me faith that whatever comes my way that if I can handle it half as well as you then I'll be alright.

It's just ideas, I know I'm one of the many on here who've been touched by your story mate and look at this thread every day hoping to read something new from you. God Bless.

I would like to suggest @wbn61 be honoured in by us, his fellows on this forum, in some small way to show how touched we've all been by his story. You're truly amazing man mate and I would for one would like to make that when you leaves us (which hopefully isn't for a while yet!) that you're never forgotten and your story and account are not lost to the archives of the forum.

Perhaps by naming him as the inaugural Grand Old Team Giant? One of the mods could create a new page on the site with a list of accounts, and a very select list at that, given this small honour by their fellow posters? People who brought great character to the forum and provided such wonderful inspiration.

Or maybe (with yours and your family's permission of course mate) that everything you've shared with us is written up into a small piece that is permanently locked at the top of the forum. So whenever any of us feel we need to hear from somebody who's been in a very bad spot but stayed strong we can go and read your posts over again and remind ourselves of how truly extraordinary you've been in handling your situation, to give the rest of us hope about handling our problems? If you can show such strength when so many tragedies are hitting you so hard and fast then it gives me faith that whatever comes my way that if I can handle it half as well as you then I'll be alright.

It's just ideas, I know I'm one of the many on here who've been touched by your story mate and look at this thread every day hoping to read something new from you. God Bless.
surely the point of this thread is to help people in need which we don't seem to be doing at the moment

surely the point of this thread is to help people in need which we don't seem to be doing at the moment
Well, that is the point but the beauty of the thread is that we don't need to ever know who is being helped by the thread at any given time. The Mods may know who lurks & reads, but doesn't contribute, and that is fine.

When someone comes forth & expresses a doubt or a concern, then we can all pitch in & offer support. The insidious nature of depression means that pushing someone into talking about it can have a detrimental affect so I think the thread strikes the right balance & those that aren't ready to put their hand up may still find some comfort or solace in reading about the plight of others.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back