Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I just had to look down the couches and in all pockets and stuff to muster up less than a tenner in coins so me and my flatmate can get some basic food for the next few days, and pray we get paid by Monay...

I can't even afford booze to get wrecked and forget about how crap my life is ffs
you need the booze but got none I got the booze but can't drink. lets hook up:celebrate:

need to decide whether to sign a non resuscitation form in case anything happens,
I'm hesitant to comment on this. This is a very personal decision that you must make but don't let the family 'trouble' at the moment be an influence...although I imagine it could be.

When my Mum was close to passing, Lukemia, the Doctors told us that she was a fighter & that they could resuscitate her if anything happened, but she'd come back worse than what she currently was. We knew she hated how she was & her quality of life, so in the end it was a simple decision. It was hard to make that for a loved one & I just don't know how anyone can make it for themselves.

Get yourself out of the maelstrom, have a long hard think about it, but also consider the options of how you may come out of it after resuscitation.

I'm hesitant to comment on this. This is a very personal decision that you must make but don't let the family 'trouble' at the moment be an influence...although I imagine it could be.

When my Mum was close to passing, Lukemia, the Doctors told us that she was a fighter & that they could resuscitate her if anything happened, but she'd come back worse than what she currently was. We knew she hated how she was & her quality of life, so in the end it was a simple decision. It was hard to make that for a loved one & I just don't know how anyone can make it for themselves.

Get yourself out of the maelstrom, have a long hard think about it, but also consider the options of how you may come out of it after resuscitation.
trouble is if I get resuscitated it's only going to prolong the inevitable. quality of life is not improved. I also need to investigate the life insurance side of it, is refusal of resuscitation a form of suicide?

trouble is if I get resuscitated it's only going to prolong the inevitable. quality of life is not improved. I also need to investigate the life insurance side of it, is refusal of resuscitation a form of suicide?
Good point, although I'm sure it wouldn't be...but, you never know with some of those Insurance companies.

woke up again. gotta sit and wait all day for the district nurse to visit. so tired tho, hard to stay awake, she just said it could be anytime today.

2 of them arrived today it was basically to get to know me and see what needs I have. they are coming back tomorrow when the wife is here.
family war seems to be receding so that is less stress.
My experience with District Nurses was with my father in law 2 years ago when , just like you, two came together at first then one on her own on a regular basis and they were truly excellent. Good luck with them , I'm sure they'll be a positive to you and your family.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back