Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My experience with District Nurses was with my father in law 2 years ago when , just like you, two came together at first then one on her own on a regular basis and they were truly excellent. Good luck with them , I'm sure they'll be a positive to you and your family.

2 of them arrived today it was basically to get to know me and see what needs I have. they are coming back tomorrow when the wife is here.
family war seems to be receding so that is less stress.

As I've mentioned before mate, my missus is a long standing district nurse. If there's anythng you don't understand, forgot to ask them or didn't feel you were able to ask them, don't hesitate to ask and I'll get the answers for you. ( pm me if you don't want it in the open ).

As I've mentioned before mate, my missus is a long standing district nurse. If there's anythng you don't understand, forgot to ask them or didn't feel you were able to ask them, don't hesitate to ask and I'll get the answers for you. ( pm me if you don't want it in the open ).
I think I understand what they mean now, district nurse, hospice, macmillan etc. how they can help my quality of life. to be honest there is nothing they can provide, alls I need to make things enjoyable is my family to sort themselves out.

Joined my local gym this week. Plan on swimming before work and a bit of strength whenever I can be arsed.

Hopefully give me a bit to concentrate on instead of being a fat pathetic mess lol
So glad you found the motivation to join- well done. Morning exercise is hard I find, this morning I really had to talk to myself to summon the energy to cycle to work, but after 5 minutes on the bike I was glad I did, so I hope you enjoy the swimming!

I just wanted to comment too on the bit in bold, because the voice we use to talk to ourselves is so important. Would you (all joking aside) describe someone you love like that? (Hoping the answer is no!) - so why describe yourself like that?

Sorry if that comes across as too hippy/ patronising/ feminine (o_O) but just really hope that you are kinder on yourself...

So glad you found the motivation to join- well done. Morning exercise is hard I find, this morning I really had to talk to myself to summon the energy to cycle to work, but after 5 minutes on the bike I was glad I did, so I hope you enjoy the swimming!

I just wanted to comment too on the bit in bold, because the voice we use to talk to ourselves is so important. Would you (all joking aside) describe someone you love like that? (Hoping the answer is no!) - so why describe yourself like that?

Sorry if that comes across as too hippy/ patronising/ feminine (o_O) but just really hope that you are kinder on yourself...
Well said Flippa. We are much too hard on ourselves at times

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back