Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

If he worked for me I would sack him.

I think that's a bit strong, but he's clearly a tit that needs pulling up for his behaviour and educating on mental health issues and the serious impact that it has on those that suffer from it. I'd be more inclined to use it as an opportunity to educate someone rather than sack them, if he understands the issues then he's less inclined to make those sort of comments again and is also less likely to tolerate hearing others make similar remarks.

Maybe that's a bit of an idealistic view but if you educate people then hopefully it has a ripple effect and makes others think twice before being so insensitive.

That's bang out of order mate and by rights he should be disciplined. It's the very definition of bullying in the work place and I'd wager if you made an issue of it, he'd have got the boot. What good would that do you though ?.

I admire your strength mate, as a lot of people wouid've walked straight out and gone sick.

He's a total knob head mate and you've proved that you're the bigger man by the way you handled it.

Yep, that's what I thought. Just such a cruel thing to do (Bear in mind he barely knows me) I'd never do something like that. I think if I made a big thing of it he'd be disciplined, no doubt about it.

It was on my mind the whole day and made me feel like a complete loser, if I'm being honest. He literally picked the worst day aswel, as I was already stressed out from a customer who wanted to take legal action against Royal Mail for not delivering a bloody letter!

Thanks for the praise, really appreciate that. I've kind of just went back into my shell at work now, I sit on my own and people probably think I'm a loner (Which is partly true).

I know the lad probably realize just how bad my situation was, just a total ignorant, crappy thing to do. Just seems to be one thing after another, booting me while I'm down.

I can't go back on the sick again, as I've only just come back, I'll just try and get through it. Sorry for bending people's ears off.

Hate feeling this low after I was doing 'okay' for a few weeks. Hoping my medication will help take the edge off.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Then hopefully he appreciates the reason why the course didn’t go well
My manager doesn't know anything is up. I'd never be thought of the same again if I spoke up.

I'm in a safety critical role, one fella in my team has been off with stress for two years and another has been off since July.

Hope everyone is well. First week back at work after months on sick. Some prat at work found my 'Beating Depression' leaflet (I stupidly brought it in work and forgot to put in my work bag and bring it home) He decided to send out an email to me (with my colleagues included in the email) which said "Get laid and man up " with a stupid smiley face!

Guy is known for pulling pranks and comes across as a total arrogant idiot. He tries too hard to be our 'class clown' and loves talking about his semi-professional football career and his new car...

I'm not one for taking things to heart but it's really annoyed me. When I asked what he meant by it he said he found my leaflet and thought it "would be funny and helpful" to make a joke of it. Not only did he have no right to look at stuff in my drawer but to condesend me to my mates and colleagues like that? :rant: I then had people asking if I was okay as apparently, everyone now knows why I was off for so long, which I wanted to keep private. I probably would have laughed it off if he had just sent it directly to me, but to include everyone? Just made me feel like a complete 'you know what'. I didn't over-react, I just kept my head down and pretended not to be bothered, but inside I felt anger and embarrassment.

Obviously, I'm far too old to be telling tales and crying to the managers as we're not in school. He just made an already nervous/stressful return to work even harder. Especially as people are asking questions.

I'm not sure if I'm just being too sensitive but I didn't see the funny side. Not sure what you Think? :confused:

Apart from that, I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps, hoping by the weekend I'll be in a better place. I love my Saturday's as I dedicate all day to football! Got the Sunderland match I'm going to and looking forward to tonight's Champions League games. Staying off drink as that tends to make my depression worse - Especially after a really bad day.

I hope everyone is doing a little better than me.

Take care everyone and sorry for boring you with a tale from work, just knocked the stuffing out of me a bit. It's partly my fault for leaving it there, just I've been all over the place this week. I'll have to be more careful next time.

Keep fighting the fight everyone!

Hi mate. The guy in question sounds like a complete idiot! I'd like to use a stronger word but don't want to violate the swear filter.

I don't think you're being overly sensitive or anything. It sounds like you handled it very well.

If someone did what he has done in my office they would likely be disciplined or worse.

Keep posting mate. Enjoy the game at the weekend.

Anything kicked this off mate ?
I've kept off it like until tonight watching the match I don't know what it is it's just sometimes I get a craving for alcohol, some days I don't. I suppose it wasn't until last year that my drinking started like every day. I'm not saying a drink every day like, but sometimes I can just go like that for a few days and go off it. I'll be off it for a few days like, but I'll probably be on it Sunday, but due to money problems I've cut my intake down.

Without doubt the most idiotic decision in years was not bringing in a lukaku repalcement.A replacement should have been brought in a summer 2016. It would have given him time to bed in. To have had lukaku as our only real recognised front man was idiotic in its own right. The whole club failed in this respect. Did they really think dcl was up to leading the line. He wouldnt get start for any other premier team. Simple as. Just nowhere near ready enough to lead the line and more importantly score goals.

Without doubt the most idiotic decision in years was not bringing in a lukaku repalcement.A replacement should have been brought in a summer 2016. It would have given him time to bed in. To have had lukaku as our only real recognised front man was idiotic in its own right. The whole club failed in this respect. Did they really think dcl was up to leading the line. He wouldnt get start for any other premier team. Simple as. Just nowhere near ready enough to lead the line and more importantly score goals.

Maybe im the idiot for posting on wrong page!!! Sorry.

its not hard to get confused mate the whole Everton forum is depressing at the minute .

I've kept off it like until tonight watching the match I don't know what it is it's just sometimes I get a craving for alcohol, some days I don't. I suppose it wasn't until last year that my drinking started like every day. I'm not saying a drink every day like, but sometimes I can just go like that for a few days and go off it. I'll be off it for a few days like, but I'll probably be on it Sunday, but due to money problems I've cut my intake down.

Have you ever sought help or asked for advice ?.

Sounds like you know you've got a bit of a problem, which is the first step.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back