Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks mate. :)
yeah, it's a start thats the main thing. Once I have work and save a few quid I'll be looking for my own place but this is the first step.

I'll be honest, I was so amazingly low and verging on suicidal I couldn't even see the start line let alone actually start at the start.

I'll keep everyone in the loop as it does me good and everyone here deserves to know how I'm using their help and advice.

I'm going to have some hard days ahead of me when I start work due to my total lack of confidence and hatred of my appearance. (Total hatred).

The first time I wobble I will be in here immediately asking for help and advice.

It's gonna be hard at first in this new house as I'm not very social, have my appearance issues which is major and I'm a bit quiet.

But again, it's better than sitting alone every day in an empty place of my own.

You know what mate, living in a shared house may be very good for you, as even if it`s just to say " hello " to a fellow housemate, your still making contact with people who you previously didn`t know and not isolated anymore.

Do you know if any of your other house mates have their kids around your daughters age, who come over and stay with them ?

If so, that has potential to be very good for not only you, as you`ll have common ground with someone else, but also for your daughter too - someone to play with.

Depression came back ten fold last two months. Had an incident at the weekend at work and now might lose my job. I snapped at a manager of another department as I felt under pressure and interrogated about my performance that day in front of others.

I flew off the handle and I know that. Think it’s too late to sort it out as I’ve been pulled into a meeting this morning to explain myself and I just can’t talk about my problems at the best of times let alone when I’m being asked in a way to defend myself I just cease up.

My manager knows about my issues but the other manager with the incident has already emailed a huge email describing the events.

Gutted as I have always been able to hold it down at this job and performed so well but I’ve recently applied for a promotion which I will have to withdraw even if I’m not sacked because it’s likely I’ll go on a performance plan.

I should’ve taken a sick note when I was offered when I went back on medication but I didn’t and it could’ve cost me my income.

Probably not making any sense. Aimless rambling.

At least Everton won - but I missed it!!

Depression came back ten fold last two months. Had an incident at the weekend at work and now might lose my job. I snapped at a manager of another department as I felt under pressure and interrogated about my performance that day in front of others.

I flew off the handle and I know that. Think it’s too late to sort it out as I’ve been pulled into a meeting this morning to explain myself and I just can’t talk about my problems at the best of times let alone when I’m being asked in a way to defend myself I just cease up.

My manager knows about my issues but the other manager with the incident has already emailed a huge email describing the events.

Gutted as I have always been able to hold it down at this job and performed so well but I’ve recently applied for a promotion which I will have to withdraw even if I’m not sacked because it’s likely I’ll go on a performance plan.

I should’ve taken a sick note when I was offered when I went back on medication but I didn’t and it could’ve cost me my income.

Sounds like a rough situation, but focus on what you can do to help yourself.

You know what mate, living in a shared house may be very good for you, as even if it`s just to say " hello " to a fellow housemate, your still making contact with people who you previously didn`t know and not isolated anymore.

Do you know if any of your other house mates have their kids around your daughters age, who come over and stay with them ?

If so, that has potential to be very good for not only you, as you`ll have common ground with someone else, but also for your daughter too - someone to play with.
Yeah, that was my thinking too. Just being around people with lives and some "normality" will help me loads.

I'm sure I'll be uncomfortable for a while, even a bit of a spare wheel but it won't last. Sure I'll settle in ok.

Yes, the guy who's house it is (live in landlord) has two kids who are about 8 and 12 I think. They come and stay with him a few days a week. Even though they ar a lot older than my 3 year old I know she will be following them around as she loves being social.

That was one of the reasons he was so cool about me having her over. He is all for it.
@MrD

Just wanted you to know that I've been following your posts and I'm really routing for you (as we all are!).
Thanks so much mate. I appreciate it, I really do. Hope you are doing good too? Feel free to message me if you ever need a chat.

Doesn't sound like an incident worthy of dismissal mate. If you struggle to talk about it then it might be worth putting all your thoughts down in an e-mail too? If they offer you the opportunity to be represented or bring someone along for support then do you have anyone that can explain what you're going through?
Not sure why they're talking about a performance plan when this is not capability but conduct and if you were in a position to apply for a promotion then you can clearly do the job. They need to take into account your ill health.

Do you have a rep who can assist or sit in on the meeting with you.

If you`re not well again, you have very strong mitigating circumstances and if you`re not comfortable or able to articulate discussing what`s wrong, may be they could do it on your behalf ?

They have a duty of care to you and presuming they knew about things, they should make allowances.

ive been back on the citalopram and already getting the sleeplessness through weird dreams... I was actually dreaming about being on a Christmas do with @chicoazul and @marnie which was terrifying … seriously it was. no joke.

im going to have to get back to the docs and see what other meds I can go on … I hate having to change up all the time

is there different meds for bi-polar disorder , as I think I might be verging on being bi-polar … either up high as a kite or low, (like today) really low.

ive been back on the citalopram and already getting the sleeplessness through weird dreams... I was actually dreaming about being on a Christmas do with @chicoazul and @marnie which was terrifying … seriously it was. no joke.

im going to have to get back to the docs and see what other meds I can go on … I hate having to change up all the time

is there different meds for bi-polar disorder , as I think I might be verging on being bi-polar … either up high as a kite or low, (like today) really low.

There’s lots of different meds Frank.

If you’re having manic episodes I’d get to the Docs asap and be totally honest with him / her about what’s going on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back