Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Do we really have £100 million to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance.

Another false dawn for us. We're waiting to sell Stones before anything else.

I'd honestly be shocked if we spent more than £20m net.

Sounds like the club has significantly lowered it's ambition for the season to be honest. Very poor that they haven't been able to sell the club.

Please read what I've written - it's not about how we've sold the club, it's about the options the players we are after have. For example Witsel, even though Juve are not going to buy him, his people viewed Juve as competition, same for Mata, Carvalho, Koulibaly etc.

We've not lowered our ambitions at all.

Like anything in life, talk is just that.... talk...the way it stands at the moment, we will probably start the season with a worse squad than last season. Which means we are hoping RK is a better manager than RM which at the moment is just that....hope

Please read what I've written - it's not about how we've sold the club, it's about the options the players we are after have. For example Witsel, even though Juve are not going to buy him, his people viewed Juve as competition, same for Mata, Carvalho, Koulibaly etc.

We've not lowered our ambitions at all.

I genuinely read it as much less optimistic than your previous posts. That's just the impression I got. Could be completely wrong and apologies if I am.

Martinez has royaly screwed us yet gets the Belguim job, he relegates Wigan yet got the Everton job, its a funny old world

The players we are after, high profile across Europe, not quite superstars but established internationals with CL credentials have multiple options. Our strategy to date has been to out bid competing clubs in terms of the transfer fee and to be competitive (ie in line with market rates with a moderate premium) on wages. Wages are our biggest issue because of STCC. Now the clubs are attracted to selling to us because we are offering more than others. The players on the other hand know (or their agents know to be more accurate) that as the window closure approaches it becomes a sellers market - ie is loaded in favour of the players.

That's the market we are operating in. Until the club becomes attractive in its own right by winning trophies and qualifying for the CL on a regular basis that's going to be an issue. It is perhaps one of the reasons Walsh has been brought in to work his magic in lesser known markets. However for this window this is where we are. We were slightly unlucky in that Witsel so very nearly joined before introducing different demands, and in the case of one other target, the selling club changing its mind.

Until I see evidence of this, it's just hear'say to me. As it stands, this is a carbon copy of Kenwright - very little has changed.

Not matter how negative I am I go back to the fact we signed Koeman, know way he comes here without the promise of serious funds

the problem with this thread is there is nothing but common sense in it

Does not belong on this thread mate, I mean to suggest that Ronald Koeman left a cushy position at Southampton to come to a club with no money and ambition is simply ludicrous.

God know what will happen if Koeman opens his payslip only to find we can't afford to pay him what we said we would as some are now suggesting !!!

The fact we are able to bid for players we would have only had wet dreams about in the past suggests that there is money however its been difficult to get the right players in for us at the minute.

THAT WILL CHANGE in the next few windows be patent FFS

the problem with this thread is there is nothing but common sense in it

Does not belong on this thread mate, I mean to suggest that Ronald Koeman left a cushy position at Southampton to come to a club with no money and ambition is simply ludicrous.

God know what will happen if Koeman opens his payslip only to find we can't afford to pay him what we said we would as some are now suggesting !!!

The fact we are able to bid for players we would have only had wet dreams about in the past suggests that there is money however its been difficult to get the right players in for us at the minute.

THAT WILL CHANGE in the next few windows be patent FFS

Mate I'm the most negative cry arse on here

I just want Everton to pipe everyone down

I'm sick of kopites giving me grief

Mate look at the history

The kopites have consistently outspent us and still not a title challenger mate let alone stronger than us

Over the season they will do nothing as usual despite every year its their year.

What i'm saying is this will take time and I would hope we get long term success rather than blowing a fortune on mercenaries who do sweet FA and then bugger off.

That's what the Kopites do mate ;)

Who gives 2 shits what them scarf waving whoppers think, it's been their years since 1990 the gang of absolute teds and they still think they're elite. Remind them where they sit nowaday's

Too many people worried about what some rs thinks

Mate look at the history

The kopites have consistently outspent us and still not a title challenger mate let alone stronger than us

Over the season they will do nothing as usual despite every year its their year.

What i'm saying is this will take time and I would hope we get long term success rather than blowing a fortune on mercenaries who do sweet FA and then bugger off.

That's what the Kopites do mate ;)

I can't be the only one who was bragging when Moshiri came in

I thought we would be splashing the cash, just being a impatient tit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back