Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Do we really have £100 million to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that only one of Moshiri and Green has an enviable reputation. When you don't have a reputation to protect you can do what you like. In Moshiri's case I'd imagine having maintained his reputation for nearly 40 years he's not going to ruin it by acting improperly or screwing a high profile but relatively minor (for him) investment in a football club.

Sorry, I was just joking really.

I believe Moshiri wants to move us forward and has the finances in place to do it. I can kind of understand why some people are fretting a bit although some are taking it to extremes. I think we're doing the right thing holding out for the targets we want although we'll only find out if the board and manager have made the right decisions closer to deadline day.

The difference is that only one of Moshiri and Green has an enviable reputation. When you don't have a reputation to protect you can do what you like. In Moshiri's case I'd imagine having maintained his reputation for nearly 40 years he's not going to ruin it by acting improperly or screwing a high profile but relatively minor (for him) investment in a football club.
Why would anybody take 200m , invest it in a football club and not do the very best they can to maximise that investment.

We have in the past seen clubs sold to people that simply were not in a position to move their investment forward, Moshiri is not such an investor.

Sorry, I was just joking really.

I believe Moshiri wants to move us forward and has the finances in place to do it. I can kind of understand why some people are fretting a bit although some are taking it to extremes. I think we're doing the right thing holding out for the targets we want although we'll only find out if the board and manager have made the right decisions closer to deadline day.

No problem mate, it was worth making the point though, thanks for allowing me to do so ;)

Why would anybody take 200m , invest it in a football club and not do the very best they can to maximise that investment.

We have in the past seen clubs sold to people that simply were not in a position to move their investment forward, Moshiri is not such an investor.

We have no proof that hes "invested" anything into the club, certainly not 200m.

Hes purchased some shares so far, for around 70ishm.

They are the only facts.

Agree, so let's speak at the end of the window.

As most I've analysed all your posts and they have been a source of hope amongst the murk of doom that had spread through this forum.
Like others in here it seems that my enthusiasm and hopes for the future seem to be losing its edge due to what from the outside looks like an ineptness to be able to get transfers over the line.

Hoping that come the end of the transfer window that most of what you've said comes true.

If not I truly fear for you as there are some absolute fruit cakes on this forum.

Agree, so let's speak at the end of the window.
But there's Premier League points to play for next Saturday. Sorry but I don't agree with this "wait until the window shuts" stuff. We finished the season first week in May, is that not long enough to get some decent business done?

IF we start the season poorly due in part to not getting our signings in before the season starts then that is poor management from everybody involved no matter how you dress it up.

So we're 'holding out' for big targets are we? How long for? We giving them until deadline day? What happens when, on deadline day after we've waited months for them, a more attractive proposal suddenly opens up for them and they give us the middle finger? We're actually putting all our eggs in one basket, hoping they either all hatch or our second choice players, at very, very short notice, will still want to join us? Too risky.

But there's Premier League points to play for next Saturday. Sorry but I don't agree with this "wait until the window shuts" stuff. We finished the season first week in May, is that not long enough to get some decent business done?

IF we start the season poorly due in part to not getting our signings in before the season starts then that is poor management from everybody involved no matter how you dress it up.

I accept that, but that's not the concern of the players who may come in nor their agents who ultimately are looking to maximise their earnings potential. Now that's not their fault, that's just business.

The whole thing could be resolved easily if windows opened earlier and closed at the start of the season (or even the week before)

I would rather we spent 20-30m on some tried and tested premier league players to get us through the next season or 2 than sell Stones for 40m and then spunk another 60m on players who don't really want to be here.

Before the pitch forks come out, I know Stones apparently doesn't want to be here but he hasn't put in a transfer request and he's under contract for 3 more years so we don't need to sell.

We have already cut some driftwood free in the shape of Osman, Hibbo, Stevie and hopefully we can add McGeady, Kone and Niasse to that list. Our first starting 11 isn't that bad, I personally think we should have already got a keeper in even if only for the short term (Tim Krul or Begovic) and then added some half decent squad players coupled with the obvious young talent we have coming through the ranks.

Perhaps this would have been a better plan from the board instead of all "nothing will be the same again" we have had rammed down our throats.

I accept that, but that's not the concern of the players who may come in nor their agents who ultimately are looking to maximise their earnings potential. Now that's not their fault, that's just business.

The whole thing could be resolved easily if windows opened earlier and closed at the start of the season (or even the week before)

The Monday after the first game would make sense, pre season is over so any injuries can still be replaced and then the Windows closed when the season starts, or
Just scrap the window and go back to the old days.

We have no proof that hes "invested" anything into the club, certainly not 200m.

Hes purchased some shares so far, for around 70ishm.

They are the only facts.

Just short of £87 million for his 49.9% - that's the only figure in the public domain. Since he has put funds into the club for working capital purposes, that has not been acknowledged by the club or him but is the case.

Could be right. I think there is money though it's just that top players don't want to come to us. Sadly there are lots more attractive clubs in the premier league that us who will not only offer European football but can offer better salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back