2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't a clue have you take more Tramadol........
thinking that DCL is our main problem there are higher paid stars in the team worse than him - have a go at them instead ......

LOL.

His job is to score goals Joey, which is something he is unable to do.

So the only other reliable outlets for goals are Richarlison and Siggurdson.

As we saw on Friday if either of them are off their game, we`re knackered.

If the other team score first we lose the game, as the dud Lewin is never going to score.

Give it up Joey, you can bury your head in the sand for as long as you want.

It still won`t change the fact that he`s crap and needs firing out of a cannon into the Championship ( if he`s lucky )

well 1 he wasn't free and im pretty sure he doesn't play for free mate, so jog on with the notion he's a charity

everyone was poor against villa, you are dead right, but DCL hasn't scored in about 15 games maybe? has everyone else been terrible in those 15 games? did anyone else miss that chance to level it up?
Yes Walcott an absolute sitter never hit the target - 3 shots on target in the last three games - tells me we are not creating shots on goal its our dour midfield....... Tippy tappy

LOL.

His job is to score goals Joey, which is something he is unable to do.

So the only other reliable outlets for goals are Richarlison and Siggurdson.

As we saw on Friday if either of them are off their game, we`re knackered.

If the other team score first we lose the game, as the dud Lewin is never going to score.

Give it up Joey, you can bury your head in the sand for as long as you want.

It still won`t change the fact that he`s crap and needs firing out of a cannon into the Championship ( if he`s lucky )
It's like giving a carpenter a razor blade and asking him to make a craftsman's Table......out of thick wooden planks......

Yes Walcott an absolute sitter never hit the target - 3 shots on target in the last three games - tells me we are not creating shots on goal its our dour midfield....... Tippy tappy

...yep, we missed a few chances late on against Villa but it really masked that we created very little despite the possession. I remember commenting on the match thread that we’d not seen the Villa keeper, it’s always a good benchmark how busy the opposition keeper is.

Very poor and lacking threat in the top third, but it was always going to be a struggle before the new players are bedded in.

DCL needs competition and time on the bench. That doesn't mean we stop supporting him, bin him off and abuse him.
Yes he's been missing loads of chances, but this is not his time, he's developing late and he's not doing well. That's ok! Put Kean and Richarlison under pressure to score. Put Walcott under pressure to score for a while, and Iwobi and Siggy, and then bring DCL back later.
We have to support all our players, especially if they are hard working, have good attitude and want to do well at Everton. If they have a bad time on the pitch, they get blues behind them - isn't that what we're like?

Have you thought about DCL's movement and lack of an instinct for a goal also being a problem? You used to be a big fan of Anichebe. Look how his career went when he left us. Right now, I would say that is likely what will happen with DCL too.

DCL needs competition and time on the bench. That doesn't mean we stop supporting him, bin him off and abuse him.
Yes he's been missing loads of chances, but this is not his time, he's developing late and he's not doing well. That's ok! Put Kean and Richarlison under pressure to score. Put Walcott under pressure to score for a while, and Iwobi and Siggy, and then bring DCL back later.
We have to support all our players, especially if they are hard working, have good attitude and want to do well at Everton. If they have a bad time on the pitch, they get blues behind them - isn't that what we're like?
Agreed, I like Dom, he's young, homegrown and puts in a hell of a shift but it's just not clicking for him right now in the final 3rd of the pitch. It doesn't mean we need to bin him off, just give kean or even richarlison a chance to fill the role now.

When you look through our squad it's sometimes good to look at how they stack up against players in the other sides we're looking to compete with and whether they would get in their teams, but with bambi Lewin he gets nowhere near not just top 8 teams but he wouldn't get anywhere near any other sides starting 11 in the league bar maybe Sheffield Utd but that's mainly because I don't know what strikers they have, he'd struggle to make the bench at a lot of them aswell

Have you thought about DCL's movement and lack of an instinct for a goal also being a problem? You used to be a big fan of Anichebe. Look how his career went when he left us. Right now, I would say that is likely what will happen with DCL too.
I see him hold the ball up link the midfield and no through ball ever comes so he has to drop deep to get the thing...., and our crossing is now deteriorated.......
When Walcott got that ball DCL was crying for the pass, Walcott thopught let's just blast it....over the bar pathetic......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back