2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see him hold the ball up link the midfield and no through ball ever comes so he has to drop deep to get the thing...., and our crossing is now deteriorated.......
When Walcott got that ball DCL was crying for the pass, Walcott thopught let's just blast it....over the bar pathetic......
Something he's never done.

Also oumar makes a mockery of this lack of creativity argument, he's shown in the fleeting minutes he gets now and again that even he manages to get several chances for himself, it's movement and strikers instinct. Things Dom doesn't have. Just imagine having a proper striker in kean playing week in week out, will transform us

Something he's never done.

Also oumar makes a mockery of this lack of creativity argument, he's shown in the fleeting minutes he gets now and again that even he manages to get several chances for himself, it's movement and strikers instinct. Things Dom doesn't have. Just imagine having a proper striker in kean playing week in week out, will transform us
Back to goal he is very good - I agree in front of goal he needs goals but we need more creation.....

Back to goal he is very good - I agree in front of goal he needs goals but we need more creation.....
To Be honest Joey I think that's grossly overrated, a lot of the time he gets bullied in a challenge against bigger cbs, he does have a good leap on him I'll give him that but he has no clue how to direct his headers so it's pointless, and as for touch he's not lukaku bad but still a lot of the time he needs to take a second or third touch instead of popping things off first time.

The lads a new generation Shane long

To Be honest Joey I think that's grossly overrated, a lot of the time he gets bullied in a challenge against bigger cbs, he does have a good leap on him I'll give him that but he has no clue how to direct his headers so it's pointless, and as for touch he's not lukaku bad but still a lot of the time he needs to take a second or third touch instead of popping things off first time.

That’s an insult to Shane Long.

Harsh on Long, he was actually a decent striker! Would have loved him as backup for us.

DCL is average Championship fodder somehow given the number 9 for us.

It's absolutely outrageous.

I see him hold the ball up link the midfield and no through ball ever comes so he has to drop deep to get the thing...., and our crossing is now deteriorated.......
When Walcott got that ball DCL was crying for the pass, Walcott thopught let's just blast it....over the bar pathetic......

The classic everyone else's fault but his. Watch the team transform when we get a decent striker.

Yes Walcott an absolute sitter never hit the target - 3 shots on target in the last three games - tells me we are not creating shots on goal its our dour midfield....... Tippy tappy

But Walcott hasn't started all 3 league games so far like dcl Has?

We haven't creates much like but if we had a striker witg movement we'd have created a lot more.

When you look through our squad it's sometimes good to look at how they stack up against players in the other sides we're looking to compete with and whether they would get in their teams, but with bambi Lewin he gets nowhere near not just top 8 teams but he wouldn't get anywhere near any other sides starting 11 in the league bar maybe Sheffield Utd but that's mainly because I don't know what strikers they have, he'd struggle to make the bench at a lot of them aswell
Sheff utd have Billy Sharp. There's noway dcl would out him in the team

Sharp might not be super talented and a kids world cup winner but he's a goal machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back