2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see him hold the ball up link the midfield and no through ball ever comes so he has to drop deep to get the thing...., and our crossing is now deteriorated.......
When Walcott got that ball DCL was crying for the pass, Walcott thopught let's just blast it....over the bar pathetic......

Dominic Calvert Lewin has 11 Premier League goals since 2016 (almost 80 appearances), this is his 4th season with us

Average of 1 goal per 7 games!

A striker struggles with a four tippy happy midfield.......
Have you ever though Joseph that they play tippy tappy because theres no movement from DCL,watch how Vardy plays compared to him,Vardy isnt the most skilful player and though hes fast hes not got lightening pace,he drags the centre half all over the back line and is constantly on the shoulder ready to peel off,DCL stands 3 quarters of the way up the pitch with his back to goal the centre half stands off him and can see him clearly,Vardy makes runs into the box anticipating the cross,DCL is usually 30 seconds too late making the run

Have you ever though Joseph that they play tippy tappy because theres no movement from DCL,watch how Vardy plays compared to him,Vardy isnt the most skilful player and though hes fast hes not got lightening pace,he drags the centre half all over the back line and is constantly on the shoulder ready to peel off,DCL stands 3 quarters of the way up the pitch with his back to goal the centre half stands off him and can see him clearly,Vardy makes runs into the box anticipating the cross,DCL is usually 30 seconds too late making the run

They also don’t want to give the ball to him, as it’s pointless lol

Who's idea was it to give the number 9 shirt to dcl???

Who actually thought, yeah this 1 goal in every 8 games is worthy to wear it??

I take it that silva makes this decision?
Article from like a week ago indicated DCL went to Silva and asked for it. Silva said sure.

My personal favourite excuse is he needs more time and we need to be patient. I just cringe every time i hear it. Like 3 years, 81 appearances, 11 goals, 0.14 goals per match and 33% shooting accuracy isn't yet enough time and patience to realise the stark truth that he simply isn't good enough to be a main striker for any team in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back