2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo he’s average at best, not good enough to take us to the next level sell.
Knee jerk I’m afraid. We won’t find another striker at an affordable price ticket score as many as him.

There’s going to be a whole lot of rot on here after a performance like that but when the dust settles and we reflect back across the season I think we’ll take a slightly different opinion. I know none of us are happy at 10th but we did come very close to top seven.

Knee jerk I’m afraid. We won’t find another striker at an affordable price ticket score as many as him.

There’s going to be a whole lot of rot on here after a performance like that but when the dust settles and we reflect back across the season I think we’ll take a slightly different opinion. I know none of us are happy at 10th but we did come very close to top seven.
I named one Ings would be affordable, no knee jerk reaction I’ve never rated him, we never replaced Lukaku and just consistently played DCL, I’d rather us have given Kean a good run last season. Bare in mind DCL got most of his goals early season when all were trying after about 10 games everything went downhill massively, DCL turned up for the odd game but for most he has just been going through the motions. I’d be over the moon if we sold him 40 million to Spurs when Kane goes to City.

I named one Ings would be affordable, no knee jerk reaction I’ve never rated him, we never replaced Lukaku and just consistently played DCL, I’d rather us have given Kean a good run last season. Bare in mind DCL got most of his goals early season when all were trying after about 10 games everything went downhill massively, DCL turned up for the odd game but for most he has just been going through the motions. I’d be over the moon if we sold him 40 million to Spurs when Kane goes to City.
The service dried up.
Aguero wouldn’t score in our team. It requires the ball to be in the opposition half, something we were almost incapable of in the second part of the season.

I’m sorry. but selling DCL would be ridiculous. Getting another forward in and having competition, certainly agree.

The service dried up.
Aguero wouldn’t score in our team. It requires the ball to be in the opposition half, something we were almost incapable of in the second part of the season.

I’m sorry. but selling DCL would be ridiculous. Getting another forward in and having competition, certainly agree.
I’ll beg to differ, I’m just hoping Spurs comes in for him when Kane goes. I just don’t see enough about DCL to take us forward. But I do agree i midfield does need a revamp.

DCL should only get better. He's had a good season. 16 goals from half as many chances as any other player as high in the scorers list. We really do have some some so called 'supporters'

The service dried up.

If DCL got the ball in the position Aguero did for his first today, there is no chance he scores.
It has to be absolutely on a plate for DCL - he doesn’t score half chances and he doesn’t create chances for himself or others.

I don’t know why he’s absolutely guaranteed a starting place tbh.

If DCL got the ball in the position Aguero did for his first today, there is no chance he scores.
It has to be absolutely on a plate for DCL - he doesn’t score half chances and he doesn’t create chances for himself or others.

I don’t know why he’s absolutely guaranteed a starting place tbh.

It genuinely shocks me how much some on here rate him, he's just nothing other than ok

The biggest disappointment for me is how much we've coached the pressing out of him. We've turned him into a Lukaku that can't score with his feet.

He used to run defenders ragged, now it seems he's being told to save his energy and get in the six yard box instead. That's fine and all, but none of our players pass forwards.

He's got so much potential. If only he didn't hit the ball like a 4 year old does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back