Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then dont say you clarified it when you clearly never.
Have a think next time, why would anyone have a go at a fan who didn't take part in the abuse of one of our players?

This has been done to death now. DCL didn't deserve the dogs abuse he's had from our fans over injuries, modelling, after match interviews. When fit he's a great player for us, and he's doing his utmost to be fit for us. Get behind him, not the boo boys.

You're not allowed to criticize any of our fans mate.

Even if they're top blerts.
No need to insult these lads fellow blues bit harsh just frustration you get it at home games these fellas spend the last penny to go ,my lad does .I go home games and some away but couldn't do all it's so expensive by the way he never booed but just said some were frustrated don't we all get that... would you say go to qpr away midweek in cup it's hard you can't slag them surly

What about when we were at home last season before dyche took over everyone booed and said not fit to wear shirt.dyche takes over we beat arsenal it's fickle football get over it

Have a think next time, why would anyone have a go at a fan who didn't take part in the abuse of one of our players?

This has been done to death now. DCL didn't deserve the dogs abuse he's had from our fans over injuries, modelling, after match interviews. When fit he's a great player for us, and he's doing his utmost to be fit for us. Get behind him, not the boo boys.

I Dont condone it. But its really important to establish in context about this. I just see you comment in a mocking tone about Everton fans spending hundreds of pounds travelling and following the team. Yes they do. I know many of them that have for years. I'll defend them being called a disgrace.

You seriously don't think that him throwing shade at the fans after a goal & win on the road wasn't a bit bizarre?

I happen to really like Dom - I just don't get why he actually had to reference the fact that his 'own fans booed' him and he 'takes the rest with a pinch of salt'..

Just enjoy the win, acknowledge the fantastic away support, and move on...

I think Calvert-Lewin's relationship with the fans cuts a lot deeper than those boos a few weeks ago. For a while now I've had the feeling he thinks hasn't been treated well. Starting at around the time of his injury problems, but possibly further when you look at his dad's comments after his first England goal. If it weren't for the injury problems, I'm pretty sure he'd have left us a long time ago.

I'm also in no doubt there is a sizeable anomosity towards the fans in the dressing room thanks to the propaganda campaign from the likes of Kenwright. Throwing your own supporters under the bus consistently has consequences and this is one of them.

In an ideal world we win all the time and sing DCL's name until our voices run dry, but it's not been ideal - in fact the last few years we've been to hell and back.

When your star striker is constantly injured, unable to perform and you're in back to back relegation battles, it's hardly surprising people are going to question his commitment to the cause. I know where you're coming from but believe me when I say the boo boys don't do it out of a personal vendetta against DCL. It happens because they're ridiculously frustrated at how bad we've been for the last 30 years.

Great to see him back again and made up he scored. Ideally he gets to rotate with Beto so we don't need to rely on him though Wednesday against Villa I'd be tempted to have the 2 of them together and ask them to run the Villa backbone ragged.
As tempting as it is, as well as how desparate I am to see it, I'd leave a front two until next weekend against Luton. Go for Beto against Aston Villa, maybe give Chermiti some game time and work from there. If DCL is needed in mid-week, so be it.

No need to insult these lads fellow blues bit harsh just frustration you get it at home games these fellas spend the last penny to go ,my lad does .I go home games and some away but couldn't do all it's so expensive by the way he never booed but just said some were frustrated don't we all get that... would you say go to qpr away midweek in cup it's hard you can't slag them surly
I go every game. I’ve been on sleeper trains to Minsk and Kharkiv. Kransnador via Moscow and QPR away in the cup, standing behind Begavic’s goal when he was absolutely hopeless but it doesn’t mean you get a free pass to be out of order with criticism, although many believe it does and it certainly doesn’t make your opinion better than anyone else’s.

Too many people now want to be the loudest voice out there. The first to make a controversial, bold statement and then want it to be right just so they can say I told you so.

You can slag players but not for every mistake. I’d be unhappy at a lack of intensity or desire but as long as they show that then they’ll always have my support.

A lack of ability is not there issue, that’s the clubs and slagging players for it will never make them “better”.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back