Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where you're coming from but believe me when I say the boo boys don't do it out of a personal vendetta against DCL. It happens because they're ridiculously frustrated at how bad we've been for the last 30 years.
The fact that you say they boo players due to their own frustrations doesn’t make it right. It just shows the huge difference between fans and professional athletes. It certainly won’t change anything in a positive manner. It will only make players play with fear, within themselves or alienate them from their own fan base.

I can tell you right now, there’s no negativity whatsoever behind the scenes, in the changing rooms or on the training pitch in professional football. It’s ALL about staying positive, parking mistakes, learning from them and moving forward. Being scared to make a mistake is the biggest mistake and leads to players refusing to take responsibility, keeping it “safe” and hiding on the pitch. We’ve had lots of players like that recently (I wonder why??)

The whole environment at clubs is geared to keeping negativity away.

Last edited:
I go every game. I’ve been on sleeper trains to Minsk and Kharkiv. Kransnador via Moscow and QPR away in the cup, standing behind Begavic’s goal when he was absolutely hopeless but it doesn’t mean you get a free pass to be out of order with criticism, although many believe or does.

Too many people now want to be the loudest voice out there. The first to make a controversial, bold statement and then want it to be right just so they can say I told you so.

You can slag plates but not every mistake. I’d be unhappy at a lack of intensity or desire but as long as they show that then they’ll always have my support.

A lack of ability is not there issue, that’s the clubs and slagging players for it will never make them “better”.
Respect mate.. maybe frustration and few beers probably,is needed for some insults of our and your and mine now and again away support acceptable tho bit harsh imo.. you know the cost to go

The fact that you say they boo players due to their own frustrations doesn’t make it right. It just shows the huge difference between fans and professional athletes. It certainly won’t change anything in a positive manner. It we’ll only make plays play with fear, within themselves or alienate them from their own fan base.

I can tell you right now, there’s no negativity whatsoever behind the scenes, in the changing rooms or on the training pitch in professional football. It’s ALL about staying positive, parking mistakes, learning from them and moving forward.

The whole environment is geared to keeping negativity away.
Football is fickle everyone knows that especially us

Made up for him to get a goal today and hopefully with us having Beto now it means we can manage his comeback more sensibly than the last couple of years when we've had to throw him straight back in as soon as he was vaguely fit.

As for his comments, he's not wrong. Anyone that booed him when he came off at Villa is stupid. That one was a bit weird in fairness as fans in the stadium wouldn't have been able to see the fact his face had ballooned up and he obviously needed to come off. But it serves as a reminder to maybe not judge something so quickly until you have the full information.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hopefully he gets fully fit and has a good season for us.

In an ideal world we win all the time and sing DCL's name until our voices run dry, but it's not been ideal - in fact the last few years we've been to hell and back.

When your star striker is constantly injured, unable to perform and you're in back to back relegation battles, it's hardly surprising people are going to question his commitment to the cause. I know where you're coming from but believe me when I say the boo boys don't do it out of a personal vendetta against DCL. It happens because they're ridiculously frustrated at how bad we've been for the last 30 years.
Ferguson was treated like a hero

Few split opinions. The more i think about it the more i think he could have left that alone. Even if he felt it. Everything before kick off yest was negative about this club. Results, the takeover...we've just had the first real positive. Dont suck the life out of it within an hour by having a passive/aggressive dig at some fans on a national outlet like motd. These things are never taken in context. It will be seen as a dig at Everton fans as a whole. ive done it myself, heard something and labeled a whole fanbase. It just happens.
He's had good support from Everton fans down the years(not talking about forums)
No matter how he said it yesterday wasnt about him and the team are no longer solely reliant on him as a focal point up front. Which is good for everyone all round. He might find himself fully fit now and having to settle for a place on the bench.
Appreciate the difference of opinions but i agree with some. Could have just rode fully on the positive and anything he might have felt, said on maybe an Everton outlet and not a national one.

Ferguson was treated like a hero
I love you said this mate. Fits with what I was going to say perfectly.

I’m over the moon for Dom. I genuinely believe he wants to achieve the best he can in what should be the peak years of his career.

We can’t afford better & he probably wouldn’t be sold to better so everyone wins if he stays reasonably fit for the next few seasons.

Super Kev to Big Dunc range if you want to get technical.

Few split opinions. The more i think about it the more i think he could have left that alone. Even if he felt it. Everything before kick off yest was negative about this club. Results, the takeover...we've just had the first real positive. Dont suck the life out of it within an hour by having a passive/aggressive dig at some fans on a national outlet like motd. These things are never taken in context. It will be seen as a dig at Everton fans as a whole. ive done it myself, heard something and labeled a whole fanbase. It just happens.
He's had good support from Everton fans down the years(not talking about forums)
No matter how he said it yesterday wasnt about him and the team are no longer solely reliant on him as a focal point up front. Which is good for everyone all round. He might find himself fully fit now and having to settle for a place on the bench.
Appreciate the difference of opinions but i agree with some. Could have just rode fully on the positive and anything he might have felt, said on maybe an Everton outlet and not a national one.
He has not had good support from fans over the years.
1, he is better than Beto at the moment
2, where is his song that we sing for him
3, fans booing him when he went in full pelt on the villa keeper and coming off with a fractured face.
4, when it comes to players the fans have a lot to answer for, whilst playing

He has not had good support from fans over the years.
1, he is better than Beto at the moment
2, where is his song that we sing for him
3, fans booing him when he went in full pelt on the villa keeper and coming off with a fractured face.
4, when it comes to players the fans have a lot to answer for, whilst playing

Thats not true. I must have been at a different Goodison park.

Id say this opposite. He gets more stick on forums than he does at games. Ive not seen him targeted inside goodison. Rumblings. But then every player ive even seen in an Everton shirt get that.
I agree he does get a lot of stick on forums etc, but he does not get support on the pitch.
When has there ever been a banner for him, like I say a song, or when his name announced a massive cheer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back