Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to insult these lads fellow blues bit harsh just frustration you get it at home games these fellas spend the last penny to go ,my lad does .I go home games and some away but couldn't do all it's so expensive by the way he never booed but just said some were frustrated don't we all get that... would you say go to qpr away midweek in cup it's hard you can't slag them surly
Don't know where to start with this car crash of a post.

Firstly, I don't care if someone happens to support the same football club as me, if they behave like a d1ckhead they will be rightly called out. Frustration would be booing the whole team off at the end, not targeted at one player who's very clearly just been pole axed with a bad head injury. And don't give me the "we didn't know" guff, I've spoken to Blues who were there who said it was clear he was hurt.

Secondly, you can't praise our fans when they are amazing (and largely they are) but then refuse to accept when they get it wrong. Whether that's one fan or one thousand, it doesn't matter.

And finally, this point about them spending money and travelling a lot to go to away games... SO WHAT??? Does this give them carte blanche to behave however they want? Sick of that school yard mentality.

The fact that so many on here get so upset when someone rightly criticizes our fans is bizarre.

And don't call me Shirley.

Sure, go out your way to have a dig and bring up a minority of frustrated fans who knee jerked in a moment with idiocy at Villa Park - deserved to have a pop at them, but also maybe occasionally reference the tremendous support and patience he's had from fans since he arrived too.
He references the fine staunch Everton support often and thanks the fans for it.

The angriest in our fanbase also seem to be the most insecure when their toxicity is called out. Hopefully we don’t become a Geordie echo chamber.

Don't know where to start with this car crash of a post.

Firstly, I don't care if someone happens to support the same football club as me, if they behave like a d1ckhead they will be rightly called out. Frustration would be booing the whole team off at the end, not targeted at one player who's very clearly just been pole axed with a bad head injury. And don't give me the "we didn't know" guff, I've spoken to Blues who were there who said it was clear he was hurt.

Secondly, you can't praise our fans when they are amazing (and largely they are) but then refuse to accept when they get it wrong. Whether that's one fan or one thousand, it doesn't matter.

And finally, this point about them spending money and travelling a lot to go to away games... SO WHAT??? Does this give them carte blanche to behave however they want? Sick of that school yard mentality.

The fact that so many on here get so upset when someone rightly criticizes our fans is bizarre.

And don't call me Shirley.
👏🏻

I mean, it's hardly the first time he's been given unwarranted stick. Think people are focusing too much on the Villa game like that was an isolated incident.

Nope.

He focussed on Villa game. He spoke specifically of that match. That's the comment I've replied to.

"Football is a funny old game. When I came off against Aston Villa my own fans booed me off. Today they cheered me. I'll relish this and take the rest with a pinch of salt."

... And of course, it's given the headlines;

1695546531228.png

1695546555524.webp

... just like his dad did a few weeks ago;

... as a club, the last couple of years too many at the club have been too quick to throw fans under a bus.

Evertonians have every right to be frustrated as hell the last few years, and sometimes that boils over.

Did some idiots kneejerk a response for a moment at Villa Park? Yes. Nob head behaviour.

But doesn't sit right to be so keen to dig that out, and not reference the overall support and patience he's had from the fans since he arrived looking like Bambi On Ice from Sheffield United

He is always going to get positive and negative comments. Getting purely positive feedback is no good for anyone and the detractors will have points he can learn from.

Sticking him in a safe space and telling him only what he wants to hear causes all sorts of issues.

I think he gets lots of support, the away end was singing his name yesterday. I’m sure I’ve heard the gwladys street singing it as well. I’ve heard loads of fans shouting and encouraging “go on Dom” etc and applause when his name is announced.

Good goal yesterday, first away from home in 2.5 years from open play? He needs to do more, keep it coming.
Only won 2-1 yesterday. Dom wouldn’t want you to celebrate the 3rd.

Sure, go out your way to have a dig and bring up a minority of frustrated fans who knee jerked in a moment with idiocy at Villa Park - deserved to have a pop at them, but also maybe occasionally reference the tremendous support and patience he's had from fans since he arrived too.
The way he is spoken about on social media is shocking. He will know this . It’s constant and highly abusive. He then gets it at the game as well
You could see in the interview that it bothered him

Nope.

He focussed on Villa game. He spoke specifically of that match. That's the comment I've replied to.

View attachment 228854

View attachment 228855

... as a club, the last couple of years too many at the club have been too quick to throw fans under a bus.

Evertonians have every right to be frustrated as hell the last few years, and sometimes that boils over.

Did some idiots kneejerk a response for a moment at Villa Park? Yes. Nob head behaviour.

But doesn't sit right to be so keen to dig that out, and not reference the overall support and patience he's had from the fans since he arrived looking like Bambi On Ice from Sheffield United

Why don't you post all of his quotes when he talks about the fans supporting him? It's easy to be selective on one side.

My original point was that yes, he mentioned the Villa game, but let's not all pretend that message was just prompted by the Villa game.

Nope.

View attachment 228854

View attachment 228855

No, the fans in question created those headlines, not Dom.

Frustration doesn't mean you get to be a nob head.

Nope.

View attachment 228854

View attachment 228855

He’s bang out of order there, get him sold while he’s still fit, Demarai Grey Mk2 saying stuff like that.
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nope.

View attachment 228854

View attachment 228855

The snippet without the rest of his comments make it sound worse than what it was. He said he knows the fans just want me to do well and it was just frustration.

Problem is in this world the headline is the part they can sensationalise to create that needle.

Why don't you post all of his quotes when he talks about the fans supporting him? It's easy to be selective on one side.

My original point was that yes, he mentioned the Villa game, but let's not all pretend that message was just prompted by the Villa game.

No, the fans in question created those headlines, not Dom.

Frustration doesn't mean you get to be a nob head.

Nah, we had them headlines over a month ago from his dad slating the club when it happened.

The new headlines happened because Calvert-Lewin decided to revisit it.

The reality is, frustration inevitably causes nob head behaviour.

Everton fans have had to put up with a hell of a lot of frustration over the last few years. It doesn't excuse it.

But professionals have to rise above it- or if they really can't and want to go out your way to have a dig, at least temper it with reference to the support too.

There's a reason Everton have excluded his comment about fans booing him...

... because it's not helpful. Washing laundry in public - as I said, we've had too many at the club, too quick to throw fans under the bus the last few years.

The best talking Calvert-Lewin can do is on the pitch.

IMO, Calvert-Lewin doesn't renew his deal and leaves this summer IMO if he isn't injured - and it'll be those nasty fans fault. Just like with Anthony Gordon. *shakes fist.

Sadly there is a contingent of our fan base that will never give him the benefit of the doubt and will actively look for reasons to have a go at him

Those were the ones booing at Villa, and they’ve been after him for years before that

They do not represent the fan base as a whole

However, I feel not enough is done by decent supporters to hold these bad ones to account, and I must include myself in that as I stood there at Villa disgusted by the boos but too intimidated and scared to do or say anything about it

The day we all turn around to those blerts as a united group and tell them to sod off and shut up will be the day Everton Football Club improves exponentially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back