2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always been a big fan of his, but the injuries have meant its a risk to hold onto him. At one point not long ago, id have taken £25mil for him -- he looked close to finished.

Credit to the club for not trying to move him.

The rumours of a big Saudi bid in Jan, i mentioned could be their £50mil+ level for the best they attract. Id have taken it a week ago.

Even today watching him offside and nothing really showing in attack with McNeil, Doucoure and Harrison all so poor from an attacking sense.

Then bang, puts that goal away like some of the best in the world do.

Clearly in this setup we need DCL to make his own chances and goals.

He's done it today.
Honestly, if a decent bid came in for him I'm sure we would have taken it. But no one (but us) would sign an injury-prone striker currently injured.

If he stays fit for the majority of the season then I can see other clubs coming in for him in the summer. If not, no-one else is going to take a punt.

Can help but think it’s no coincidence that both his injury’s and form have significantly improved since he’s dialled back on the skirts and handbags.
Long may it continue.
Care to list all the times he has dabbled with skirts and handbags, and list all the injuries?

Was he seen in skirts every weekend? Dabbled in handbags for a couple of months each of the last few seasons?

I felt that after his purple patch under Carlo a few years ago we should have cashed in, hindsight before the injuries.

If he plays a full season and bags 20 or so I'd cash in for sure.

I'd like him to stay, but my head says it would be for the best.

Why are people always wanting to sell our players, we need to keep hold of as many good players as we can.

I honestly think a lot of supporters are more interested in the transfer window than actual football. Some always moan at the cartel of the sky darlings, yet are always putting valuations on players to sign for them. Baffling.
It's not just the transfer windows , it's all the bloody time.
Think they need to put the FIFA games down.

Take his name out of your hateful mouths you dirty slags you wanted him gone.

I’ve had many sending me PMs begging to unleash the vaults on the haters and bring them to their knees over their misplaced sense of entitlement and clearly not knowing a footballer, but I’m deploying my usual restraint and diplomacy for now on the basis these toads, these self loathing bigots, these homophobes ask for clemency by sundown. Only then will be consider if they are allow to celebrate any further DCL strikes.

Took his goal well yesterday.

Why are people always wanting to sell our players, we need to keep hold of as many good players as we can.

I honestly think a lot of supporters are more interested in the transfer window than actual football. Some always moan at the cartel of the sky darlings, yet are always putting valuations on players to sign for them. Baffling.
It would be a very interesting exercise to assess whether those saying we should flog him were those writing him off.

Far be it for me to suggest that a form of mental gymnastics is at play. A form of defence mechanism in those feeling foolish and refusing to say they were hasty in their judgements.

Tbf, they may be right. Flog him before he goes full Andy Carroll!

Last edited:
It would be a very interesting exercise to assess whether those saying we should flog him are those writing him off.

Far be it for me to suggest that a form of mental gymnastics is at play. A form of defence mechanism in those feeling foolish and refusing to say they were hasty in their judgements.

Tbf, they may be right. Flog him before he goes full Andy Carroll!
If his major injuries are behind him, he will score the goals to keep us up. He's a quality player probably the best in the air in the league and his hold up play is very good. he probably gets sick of craning his neck at all the high balls but it's undeniable he's had a huge impact already. His box play is top notch.

I doubt we could attract better without spending a fortune and being in Europe yet he still gets derided by some, mainly because of the clothes he wears which doesn't really matter.

Andy Carroll was Big Dunc light, constantly injured with niggles, Dom has had major injuries but outside of those never really got any injuries(I know you're joking about Carroll btw lol )

He's a very good all round centre forward, when he is fit and firing he is a right handful for the opposing centre backs. Quick, mobile, good touch, excellent in the air and pretty much a one in three finishing record. It's all about fitness with Calvert Lewin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back