2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm privy to their press conferences when 3 managers all talked about not pushing DCL too early into games.

Have you forgotten that?
DCL: “I’ve got to give the manager credit for taking pressure off because previously it killed me. The cycle of rushing to get me back fit, returning too soon & breaking down had to stop. He came in & said, ‘This will stop’. We’re all reaping the rewards”

Irrefutable proof that he was rushed back in mr Davek,

DCL: “I’ve got to give the manager credit for taking pressure off because previously it killed me. The cycle of rushing to get me back fit, returning too soon & breaking down had to stop. He came in & said, ‘This will stop’. We’re all reaping the rewards”

There's plenty I've criticised Dyche for, but he's got the handling of DCL spot-on.

He deserves credit for holding his nerve and waiting, rather than getting him into the side when we desperately needed him and hoping for the best.

The ego on him.

You'd think he was a 150 goal PL superstar. He's scored 50 in 7 seasons.

There's plenty I've criticised Dyche for, but he's got the handling of DCL spot-on.

He deserves credit for holding his nerve and waiting, rather than getting him into the side when we desperately needed him and hoping for the best.

Correct.

I dont think anyone would have blamed him for wanting him in asap as well. Very well managed both Dyche, his team and also the medical team. We don't know what the medical team said in the past, whether they advised to wait and the manager ignored it, or whether they said he would be okay and he wasn't.

But for a player who I'd written off as not stringing any games together, nevermind scoring, they and he have done remarkably well to not only get him fit, but get him firing.

Was it Unsworth who brought him in?

Be interesting to see what the story was and who recommended him to us and who pushed for us to take him!

We probably get one of these right every 3-4 years i reckon! Coleman, Stones, Calvert-Lewin, Branthwaite

Be interesting to see what the story was and who recommended him to us and who pushed for us to take him!

We probably get one of these right every 3-4 years i reckon! Coleman, Stones, Calvert-Lewin, Branthwaite

….seems like Unsworth was impressed at Sheff Utd and (from what I heard) went to the Board and recommended we pay £1m for him.

If he can stay fit till end of the season, and looks more robust, keep. If he has 1-2 more spells out before the season ends we should shift.

If hes injured his fee will plummet.

You either sell when doing well at the top of his game or keep.

I don't think I'm ever gonna find it tbh. It's a bit different to Dom's as he did a sort of Cruyff turn.

This one I'm thinking of is back to goal, maybe edge of the box, opens his whole body up to go one way, then turns the complete opposite. Maybe I just dreamt it.

Yeboah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back