2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his major injuries are behind him, he will score the goals to keep us up. He's a quality player probably the best in the air in the league and his hold up play is very good. he probably gets sick of craning his neck at all the high balls but it's undeniable he's had a huge impact already. His box play is top notch.

I doubt we could attract better without spending a fortune and being in Europe yet he still gets derided by some, mainly because of the clothes he wears which doesn't really matter.

Andy Carroll was Big Dunc light, constantly injured with niggles, Dom has had major injuries but outside of those never really got any injuries(I know you're joking about Carroll btw lol )
It's all crystal ball gazing to an extent. If he's put it all behind him, then great.

But his quad, groin or hamstring could go at any time. A lot of it will be down to how his body is managed. By him and the club.

By the same token he could get a Bolassie style injury or end up on the end of a bad tackle.

Just so hard to predict a players fate, so many factors.

IMG_6875.webp

Not a famous goal, but was very similar to Louis Saha's goal - i think against Arsenal, exact same turn and curls it low into the corner.

It may have been against WBA. Not sure.

Yeah it wa sagainst WBA;

I don't think I'm ever gonna find it tbh. It's a bit different to Dom's as he did a sort of Cruyff turn.

This one I'm thinking of is back to goal, maybe edge of the box, opens his whole body up to go one way, then turns the complete opposite. Maybe I just dreamt it.

I don't think I'm ever gonna find it tbh. It's a bit different to Dom's as he did a sort of Cruyff turn.

This one I'm thinking of is back to goal, maybe edge of the box, opens his whole body up to go one way, then turns the complete opposite. Maybe I just dreamt it.

What sort of era are we talking?

Something in the back of my mind is saying that Lukaku scored a goal off a turn like that

Great goal brilliantly taken yesterday - he just looks to be more comfortable, injury free and he just looks happy.

Have to say his injury has been brilliantly managed by Dyche, and with Beto we have given Dom a bit of a buffer now - hope Dom stays fit and bags loads more goals going forward.

Finger crossed Dyche is handling Dele as well as DCL, and that pays off.

They where CULLOTTES ffs.
I know, but I'm replying to a post that mentions skirts, and to be honest it really doesn't matter what the hell he was wearing - it was a stupid conclusion to try to draw.

And...I didn't actually say he did wear a skirt. I just asked for a list of all the times he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back