2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
…his injury record. I‘m a big fan of his, but if a big bucks offer comes in it might turn out to be good business.

Problem is replacing him, neither Beto or Chermiti look the answer.

You know my thoughts on Beto and Chermiti by now i hope.

If we got £60mil for DCL what would you want it used on -- a replacement CF and punting e.g Beto or different position(s) ?

Teamtalk are linking DCL to Newcastle again this morning. I know Everton are the absolute worst for finding new strikers but honestly I'd be happy to let him go. He's had 10 goals in the last 3 years as our main striker and God knows how many injuries.
There's talk of Everton still over spending in our latest accounts so we may need to sell to balance the books and DCL is one of our more valuable assets. Fingers crossed Dyche & 777 have more luck with recruitment of a new striker to replace him.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-newcastle-united-planning-shock-january-move-everton-star

Arsenal linked as well

Teamtalk are linking DCL to Newcastle again this morning. I know Everton are the absolute worst for finding new strikers but honestly I'd be happy to let him go. He's had 10 goals in the last 3 years as our main striker and God knows how many injuries.
There's talk of Everton still over spending in our latest accounts so we may need to sell to balance the books and DCL is one of our more valuable assets. Fingers crossed Dyche & 777 have more luck with recruitment of a new striker to replace him.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-newcastle-united-planning-shock-january-move-everton-star

They wouldn't want another striker with a questionable injury history. Isak and Wilson are permo crocks

Judging by our current back up strikers, I don’t trust us to replace him. We haven’t signed a decent striker in a long time.
Not a chance Newcastle will want him over what they have.

Judging by our current back up strikers, I don’t trust us to replace him. We haven’t signed a decent striker in a long time.
Not a chance Newcastle will want him over what they have.

Maybe I am a hopeless romantic, (I am), but I would love the squad to dismiss any Jan moves, (a few notwithstanding) to get us safe. Once Everton has touched you, and all that. Lets see.

If we got £60mil for DCL what would you want it used on -- a replacement CF and punting e.g Beto or different position(s) ?

Arsenal linked as well

….we’d have to replace him with somebody more effective than we currently have. Beto is a decent back-up, we need a decent back-up.

Arsenal linked as well
Great idea. Don’t forget that Maupay will be returning from loan. Like a new signing.

Arsenal linked as well
Doesn't Guirassy have a £15m PL release clause or something similar? I don't think replacing him is an issue tbh but as others have said I don't trust our recruitment team to find a suitable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back