Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyokeres is being linked with £100m moves 6 months after moving for £20m, so I don’t buy into this idea that we couldn’t find anyone better and that Beto is the benchmark for a £26m player.
Funniest part is that that's his buyout clause, which doesn't need to be met for him to be sold, but it's a good media stir at least if nothing else.

You can't win with anyone from/in Portugal though, they're either crap because they're not proven (whatever that means) or they're crap because it's crap opposition.

We should've gone for him instead of Beto realistically for instant impact but when's the last time we did timely business anyway?

Gyokeres is being linked with £100m moves 6 months after moving for £20m, so I don’t buy into this idea that we couldn’t find anyone better and that Beto is the benchmark for a £26m player.
Who says or suggests the 'idea' that you 'won't buy into' that Beto is the benchmark for a 26 million player?
I mean you keep talking about Gyokeres.....as i understand it from various sources....we were interested in him so we either couldnt afford him or he didnt want to come to us. Choose your poison....
26 million is only a benchmark of what Everton had to pay at that time for a bang average striker.

Dominic ranks in the top half of PL clubs' primary strikers.

Comfortably.

I would only have the following over him.

Haaland
Isak
Watkins
Pedro
Wilson
Jesus
Without looking...Nkunku, Toney, Solanke (painful that one), Ferguson, Awoniyi, Nketiah, and maybe even that Adebayo at Luton. Nevermind those who can play up top like Son and Richy who don't necessarily count but are certainly better players when operating as a striker.

I like Dom. He does some good things, but he's not a great striker if we're being honest.

As @GrandOldTeam said earlier, we have 2 wingers and 2 fullbacks who dont know what a cross is, not a single midfielder who knows what a through ball looks like and a Striker that feeds off crosses into the area and playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

It comes as no surprise that he is miss firing, hes probably seized up from lack of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back