Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL’s form this season in front of goal has been a problem for us, he’s missed some massive chances. That 1v1 against Villa is a prime example of where his confident is at this season. Throw in the 2 headed chances against Utd.

According to the Premier League app he’s had 34 shots with a shooting accuracy of 48% and missed 10 big chances (don’t know how they quantify a big chance).

I know he can’t score on every attempt, but even if he put away half of those big chances we’d be in a much better position.

Not the way Moyes had hin blowing for tugs every game he wasn't

What was it in his post Everton career at Sheff Utd, Stoke and Accrington Stanley that you liked?

Nah I agree tbh, he was a penalty box striker, maybe DCL is too, but neither are close to Rom or the Yak.

I don't think we use him right, it's all high balls to his chest and head, which basically takes him out of the attack once he gets the flick on or lay off because he's taken out.

We need to play it to feet more where he can use his pace and better than expected touch to turn defenders, the playing style only affords one decent real chance per game if that also, look at other strikers they have 3-5 big chances and still don't score, he's lucky to get 1 and the fan base cries when he doesn't take it, he's basically out if practice in front of goal due to the limitations set upon him by the tactics.

How do we know this, ancellotti played to his strengths and he banged them in so much he git an england call up.

Dyche uses him as a totem knock down artist

I don't think we use him right, it's all high balls to his chest and head, which basically takes him out of the attack once he gets the flick on or lay off because he's taken out.

We need to play it to feet more where he can use his pace and better than expected touch to turn defenders, the playing style only affords one decent real chance per game if that also, look at other strikers they have 3-5 big chances and still don't score, he's lucky to get 1 and the fan base cries when he doesn't take it, he's basically out if practice in front of goal due to the limitations set upon him by the tactics.

How do we know this, ancellotti played to his strengths and he banged them in so much he git an england call up.

Dyche uses him as a totem knock down artist
I do feel that there is something in this because he has looked isolated at times apart from some hoof balls, so I ain't going to dismiss this out of hand.

Additionally, it probably is contributing to his noticeable lack of confidence. However, as a person who has been his advocate for so long, he isn't blameless.

He has had a fair number of decent to good opportunities to score, including with the ball played to his feet, and he's fluffed his lines.

I think if he gets a goal sooner rather than later it will spur him on to rekindle some of the form he has previously shown, but he does have to up his game.

I do feel that there is something in this because he has looked isolated at times apart from some hoof balls, so I ain't going to dismiss this out of hand.

Additionally, it probably is contributing to his noticeable lack of confidence. However, as a person who has been his advocate for so long, he isn't blameless.

He has had a fair number of decent to good opportunities to score, including with the ball played to his feet, and he's fluffed his lines.

I think if he gets a goal sooner rather than later it will spur him on to rekindle some of the form he has previously shown, but he does have to up his game.
The Dyche system uses the striker position as a focal point type rather than a goal scorer type, I don't think it would matter if it was Dom or another they are never going to hit loads in this setup, it just doesn't offer enough attacking outlets from it as that's not the purpose of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back