Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no coincidence that first Doucs and even Gomes have benefited playing just behind him. He is used as a target man and not a poacher and the people benefitting are whoever plays just behind him.

That's not to say he hasn't missed good chances and should have scored more but I also feel he isn't utilised to get the best out of him.

It's no coincidence that first Doucs and even Gomes have benefited playing just behind him. He is used as a target man and not a poacher and the people benefitting are whoever plays just behind him.

That's not to say he hasn't missed good chances and should have scored more but I also feel he isn't utilised to get the best out of him.
He has had some glaring chances that he really should have gobbled up, he is also starved of service of more than 1 chance a game, both of these can be true.

Look, hes in very poor form, but hes still doing a vital role for the team, would love him to score a goal or 2, but its just not happening atm.

The Dyche system uses the striker position as a focal point type rather than a goal scorer type, I don't think it would matter if it was Dom or another they are never going to hit loads in this setup, it just doesn't offer enough attacking outlets from it as that's not the purpose of it.

Chris Wood scored double figures most seasons in a Dyche system so what’s going on here?

Can you 2 please follow Cricket instead.

For me its :

Haaland
DCL
Salad

None of the others are worth a carrot for me.

IMG_6524.webp

Dominic ranks in the top half of PL clubs' primary strikers.

Comfortably.

I would only have the following over him.

Haaland
Isak
Watkins
Pedro
Wilson
Jesus

I’d add in
Toney
Evan Ferguson
Danish striker for United ( not going to try and spell)

Even Chris wood is a better option at this point

Dom would be on 30 goals playing for Brentford or Villa.

Then why isn’t he playing for them?

Why has nobody ever tried to buy him?

You have to earn the right to play for or be signed by good teams.

You usually do that by playing well and or scoring goals.

He has never done it well enough for someone to pay actual money for him.

He’s playing for a club that has needed to sell player to balance the books his entire career and nobody has came in for him

Then why isn’t he playing for them?

Why has nobody ever tried to buy him?

You have to earn the right to play for or be signed by good teams.

You usually do that by playing well and or scoring goals.

He has never done it well enough for someone to pay actual money for him.

He’s playing for a club that has needed to sell player to balance the books his entire career and nobody has came in for him
Like Coleman and Baines?

Pickford has been here the same amount of time also, Englands number 1 must be rubbish, cos nobody has ever tried to buy him.

Carlo Ancelotti suggested Calvert-Lewin has all the qualities to be a top striker: "He is fantastic with the head, clever in the box and sharp. I think he is going to be at the top in England and in Europe.

But lets get him running the channels and doing flick ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back