Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Coleman and Baines?

Pickford has been here the same amount of time also, Englands number 1 must be rubbish, cos nobody has ever tried to buy him.

Didn’t Man U want baines?

Coleman could have been sold easily if we wanted to sell him and he would have got decent money for him in is pomp.

Also forwards are always in demand ….

Didn’t Man U want baines?

Coleman could have been sold easily if we wanted to sell him and he would have got decent money for him in is pomp.

Also forwards are always in demand ….
You are entitled to your opinion, nothing I can say will change it, so I will save us both the trouble.

;)

Carlo Ancelotti suggested Calvert-Lewin has all the qualities to be a top striker: "He is fantastic with the head, clever in the box and sharp. I think he is going to be at the top in England and in Europe.

But lets get him running the channels and doing flick ons.

Top strikers can do those things as well as score goals. Mad to suggest I know, but Carlo Ancelotti is actually a human being and got something wrong.

I like the lad, I want him to be our premier striker, and we play better with him on the field the results have shown that, but there's a lot better out there.

I don’t know why some people have such serious trouble with the fact that he’s a very average Premier League striker. Our fans are just desperate for any crumbs of success and are now at the stage of just pretending players are much better than they are (we actually reached that stage years ago)

I don’t know why some people have such serious trouble with the fact that he’s a very average Premier League striker. Our fans are just desperate for any crumbs of success and are now at the stage of just pretending players are much better than they are (we actually reached that stage years ago)
We've had 3 genuinely good strikers in the last 30 odd years, Rooney, Yakubu, Lukaku, I guess it's natural to look for anything.

What are your views on James Beattie, Marcus Bent, Andy Johnson, Louis Saha, Tomasz Radzinski, Jermaine Beckford, Samuel Eto’o and Steve Watson.
While they played for us, average to plop. Johnson had one ok season with us, Bent played as a attacking defender and Saha was crocked every 5 games. The rest aren't worthy of commenting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back