Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way he gets the ball smashed to him from 50 yards and no support around him is why he is not scoring, yes he missed a sitter v villa but as others have said he is the best striker at the club and is crucial to how dyche wants to play.
McNeil & Harrison are the problem not great at attacking play

The way he gets the ball smashed to him from 50 yards and no support around him is why he is not scoring, yes he missed a sitter v villa but as others have said he is the best striker at the club and is crucial to how dyche wants to play.

Mate doucs doesn’t seem to have trouble scoring and Harrison and ncheil have both about scored DCL I believe .

If he could finish, we would be our top scorer with the chances he has missed.

He’s missed more good scoring chances than any other player in the league. Nobody else is to blame for that:

IMG_1585.webp

This thread is bizarre. He’s not a natural finisher, never has been, never will be. He’s the best striker for our setup currently at the club. We aren’t replacing him this month. Deal with it. Come back in the Summer.

There are no natural finishers, it's all practice. Play to the lads strengths, create more opportunities to score, and he will score goals

But you are right it is a bizarre thread

You would think strikers are only allowed to score if a winger plonks a perfect cross on his head 3 yards out.

Other forwards score goals from nothing or half chances at best. Maupay, Danilo and Toney just yesterday for example. Very very rare DCL does it.

Neither am I … I’m an old fashioned apps and goals person.

Not minutes to goals, XG and zone 14 possession that is being used today
But appearances to goals is very flawed. You do acknowledge that right?

Because a player could come on as a sub for 1 minute at the end of a game game out of position and that skews the stats.

Like how people talk about DcL and his goals to games when most of his early games where as a sub and playing out wide. It’s not reflective of his quality as a striker.

There are no natural finishers, it's all practice. Play to the lads strengths, create more opportunities to score, and he will score goals

But you are right it is a bizarre thread
I’m not trying bash your post.

It made me curious as to how everyone sees his strengths.

What are his strengths?

Honestly, I can’t think of one.

He can do certain things from time to time but there is not one particular area that I would label as strength.

Tomato,potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back