Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyokeres is being linked with £100m moves 6 months after moving for £20m, so I don’t buy into this idea that we couldn’t find anyone better and that Beto is the benchmark for a £26m player.
I’ve not seen anything about 100mill. 85 mill to Chelsea I saw reported which is probably nonsense as he’s not worth half that. He’s hardly set the league on fire and plays for a top team. Half the teams in this league are pretty much villages.
He’d struggle to score 10 a season in the PL. Hope Chelsea buy him at a mad fee.

I’ve not seen anything about 100mill. 85 mill to Chelsea I saw reported which is probably nonsense as he’s not worth half that. He’s hardly set the league on fire and plays for a top team. Half the teams in this league are pretty much villages.
He’d struggle to score 10 a season in the PL. Hope Chelsea buy him at a mad fee.

lol he’s scored 11 goals in 16 games. 11 goals in an entire season for DCL would be seen as a massive feat.

Everyone was saying he was a bellend last week for missing a penalty....
But yes i catch your point, there is an exception to every rule.
Contrary to what the league is trying desperately to do, we ARE a Premier League team. Players want to play in the Premier League. Let me know when a player signs for a Championship club rather than one in the top flight, i'll start getting nervous then.

Gyokeres is being linked with £100m moves 6 months after moving for £20m, so I don’t buy into this idea that we couldn’t find anyone better and that Beto is the benchmark for a £26m player.
Think we all knew he was a steal. A deal could have well been done with Ellis Simms however the lad clearly wanted to go and play in a warm climate.

100M for him... grief. I watched Coventry a few times last season and this guy doesn't have the quality for the Prem. Sure, he'd probably have the odd good game and even score a goal or two but he's really not that good. In fact, I'd rate him rather like Beto.

Just watched the Gomes goal from last night again…. Take a look at our esteemed number 9 and how he’s raring to pounce on any rebound ahead of the defence…. Then get back to me and tell me Beto couldn’t do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back