Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) based on what is he a mid table striker?
2) what absolute rubbish, we've not long ago sold a winger who gets double figures every season, if the best we can get is a striker whos scored 10 goals in almost 3 years then good grief we are fcked
Based on him being one of the best hold up players in the league, perfect for some mid table styles. And also scoring 29 league goals across two seasons when he stayed fit.

If he stays fit the rest of this season he will hit double figures again - therefore - solid mid table striker.

Richarlison: better than we can get, hence why he has gone.

Gyokeres would not come to us - same with many 20 mil players or up and coming youths. Its not just a price, but finding players who want to come to us in our present predicament. We are in a very hard position attracting tallent, what are we seeking to them? And thats not Thelwell or Dyche fault its the boards.
Beto was the best we could get for 26mil - he looks OK probably need a string of games and set up to play to his strengths.
Exactly this, we couldn’t get the Gyokeres
deal and we did want him. Given our hamstrung transfer situation we are going to have to suck this up. Wheel and deal. Unfortunately sell our best talent and buy up and coming players who will want to bust a gut for the club and hopefully have some talent to go with it. It’s a [Poor language removed] situation we should be building a team a good young team. This team has potential but there will be a couple of important cogs gone this summer and we will have to buy low and buy well. The one person I’ve got faith in to navigate this is the manager. Our level has dropped but I still think we will play tight and pick points up in this situation and form and fitness returns for for our attacking players.

Would Dixie Dean go 17 hours without a goal?
Did Dixie have two wingers that cant put a decent pass into the box or free kicks taken by his goalkeeper or corners that either dont get passed the first man or try and hit our centre half at the back post with 3 players round him as though the opposition haven't worked out our set pieces yet.
The miss against Villa and others have been poor no excuse as many have said i think he tried the same cup finish from earlier in the year but the quality of balls into the box is so poor and 9 out of 10 both wingers never beat their full back and pick out him or any player in fact its mostly hit and hope balls

Based on him being one of the best hold up players in the league, perfect for some mid table styles. And also scoring 29 league goals across two seasons when he stayed fit.

If he stays fit the rest of this season he will hit double figures again - therefore - solid mid table striker.

Richarlison: better than we can get, hence why he has gone.

Waffle again mate.

He isn't one of the best hold up strikers in the league at all, he does what most big strong fellers do and protect the ball well at times, and get over the fact he had a good season 4 years ago, what's he done since? What's he done since covid that's been anything remotely like s good player? The odd good game every 10 games?

And yes we sold Richarlison,, but we had him for 4/5 years so to do we can't ever expect that again is comical, doesn't help when your board is clueless like but there are teams around us who have players who get double figures, stop accepting rubbish

Waffle again mate.

He isn't one of the best hold up strikers in the league at all, he does what most big strong fellers do and protect the ball well at times, and get over the fact he had a good season 4 years ago, what's he done since? What's he done since covid that's been anything remotely like s good player? The odd good game every 10 games?

And yes we sold Richarlison,, but we had him for 4/5 years so to do we can't ever expect that again is comical, doesn't help when your board is clueless like but there are teams around us who have players who get double figures, stop accepting rubbish
Riddled with injuries.

I think he’s had a good season so far, the squad looks so much better with him in it, and if he was slotting his chances then it’s a completely different story. He does everything else well I think, and his finishing will return soon enough.

My only concern is his injury history. If he stays fit, he will bag us double digits every season whilst being perfect for our playstyle. Therefore I think he’s perfectly good enough to have us comfortably mid table and pressing for Europe. In fact I think that of our whole starting 11 at the moment. And the table justifies it (excl deduction).

Had some really good bits of hold up play and a decent effort 1st half but was massively isolated.

2nd half you could really see his lack of confidence on a couple of occasions.

BUT

He's miles and miles and miles ahead of Beto so it's no wonder Dyche would rather have a non scoring Dom in the team rather than "I can't control a ball or don't know where I'm supposed to be" Beto. It's a no brainer unfortunately.

Gyokeres played for Coventry City. You’re surely not telling me we couldn’t have bought him instead of Maupay when we did?
Yes, exactly what im telling you. We were interested in him and Gyokeres would not come to us and is now at Sporting Lisbon. Not sure what happened with his Coventry move in 2021 perhaps it was the state of the club as i suggested? What young ambitious talent wants to come to us in our present predicament? No-one we have to pay over odds for Maupay etc.
Maybe we could have got Gyokeres by paying inflated wages and transfer fee so that that particular merry go round could continue....
i imagine anyway if he had come to us, he would struggle like all our strikers seem to and some would be moaning that hes crap and we should have signed some other striker that looks half decent at a championship club.

BUT

He's miles and miles and miles ahead of Beto so it's no wonder Dyche would rather have a non scoring Dom in the team rather than "I can't control a ball or don't know where I'm supposed to be" Beto. It's a no brainer unfortunately.
i dont think you can fairly judge this on someone whos yet to have a consecutive run of starts.

DCL is stinking the gaff out every week, EVERY week, Beto might as well, but he deserves a chance.

Yes, exactly what im telling you. We were interested in him and Gyokeres would not come to us and is now at Sporting Lisbon. Not sure what happened with his Coventry move in 2021 perhaps it was the state of the club as i suggested? What young ambitious talent wants to come to us in our present predicament? No-one we have to pay over odds for Maupay etc.
Maybe we could have got Gyokeres by paying inflated wages and transfer fee so that that particular merry go round could continue....
i imagine anyway if he had come to us, he would struggle like all our strikers seem to and some would be moaning that hes crap and we should have signed some other striker that looks half decent at a championship club.

Onana did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back