Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Goat how was that?
NINTCHDBPICT000692537426.jpg

I dunno mate. You had Collymore, Beattie, Fowler, Ferdinand, Sherringham, Jochim, Dublin, Yorke, Ricard banging in 14+ a season for thr likes of Villa, Southampton, Coventry, Spurs etc who were all outside the top 2/4
Beattie only ever scored 15 goals once thats exactly the type of thing i'm talking about you think about players who could score that many in your mind but they weren't actually doing it very often just the same as Dom or Callum Wilson or Gabriel Jesus could score 15 but don't every season. Ferdinand and Fowler doing it is just like Toney and Watkins doing it theres no difference at all like @Marius57 said the numbers of players doing it are pretty constant it's just nostalgia seeing it different.

Beattie only ever scored 15 goals once thats exactly the type of thing i'm talking about you think about players who could score that many in your mind but they weren't actually doing it very often just the same as Dom or Callum Wilson or Gabriel Jesus could score 15 but don't every season. Ferdinand and Fowler doing it is just like Toney and Watkins doing it theres no difference at all like @Marius57 said the numbers of players doing it are pretty constant it's just nostalgia seeing it different.

I think 15 a season is a push tbf, but I think any GOOD striker should be getting around 12+ goals every season Richy done it more or less every season for us predominantly from the wing.

dcl is on course for about 6/7 goals basing on his average so far. You can put everyone excuse possible in there that's not good enough

My point was in relation to 10+ goals - i over egged the 15-20.

It was also consistently scattered across the league and not just the top 2 to 4 clubs and consistent. You point out Toney and Watkins...but there were more Toney and Watkins type strikers in the league.

Probably peak at 15 but consistently got 10+

My point was in relation to 10+ goals - i over egged the 15-20.

It was also consistently scattered across the league and not just the top 2 to 4 clubs and consistent. You point out Toney and Watkins...but there were more Toney and Watkins type strikers in the league.

Probably peak at 15 but consistently got 10+
Well thats a massive difference to be honest you've literally halved the amount of goals you're talking about! In 2003 there were 19 players who scored 10 goals and in 2023 there were 23 so what you're saying just isn't true there are actual facts that show it and those 23 included players from 14 clubs so I don't know how much more scattered you want it to be. I think the only way what you're saying has some truth is theres maybe less of a reliance on an out and out goalscorer and wingers and midfielders are scoring more but other than that its just not the case. Dom is a bit of a throwback being an old school type target man maybe that counts against him these days I like him but we definitely need more goals from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back