Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on XG difference - i remember back in Sep i said it was impossible to have such a high XG as a team and not score goals - when we weren't scoring and people were mocking Dyche for raising XG, eventually the law of probability kicks in - it did in Sep and we went a week later to smash Brentford by 3.

Same applies for DCL, hes off form with a XG and high XG difference, given the chances and probability - goals will come, unless his underlying XG dips.

He has to play through this period of bad form and it will come - ive no issue with contribution to the team even if the goals arent coming at the moment.

Managers know this, this is why in house, Dyche will be cool.

He’s an enigma our Dom. We all just want him to do well and at one point it looked like he was going to become a very good striker. His injury’s have been awful yet now he’s back we are defo a better team with him in. However he has missed a shot against Newcastle from a yard out, a shot against City from a yard out and a one on one against Villa, right now for Everton that’s simply not good enough. We are reliant on someone putting the ball in the net. He needs to improve this badly.

I don’t wish to rile anyone but as a natural observer in this big clique clash I have the DCL out lads as winning the battle overall.

Perhaps the DCL in lads can regroup and launch a counter today.

I think Goat is getting a compilation together of all his headed goals in the last few years to show everyone his strength in the air.

Shouldn't take long to clip that ONE goal though

We have not even paid for him or Chermitti until the end of the season - both of them hardly used this season too..... they are signed as full time players too ..... Not much logic there ?
Given DCL's injury record I understand the Beto signing. Not sure about Chermiti, I suppose the logic was we were selling Simms and Cannon and wanted a young forward to replace them but had no money to get one.

I don’t wish to rile anyone but as a neutral observer in this big clique clash I have the DCL out lads as winning the battle overall.

Perhaps the DCL in lads can regroup and launch a counter today.
I still really hope his lack of goals sends us down.

But really, it's a waste of time, people made their minds up, so I won't be trying to educate them on how and why they are wrong.

That's your job.

Can you confirm you’re tagging me in here please?
McGuire-Twins-1.jpg

Lets get at them.

*tag

Maybe me but there used to be loads of 15-20 a season or at least quality strikers littered up and down the league back in the 90-2000s
Generally only ever really single figures who get over 15. Since 2000, there has been on average 7 players scoring 15 or more. (Last 10 years has seen more players doing so).

In 2004/05, there was only 2 players who scored more than 15 and they both got over 20. Thierry Henry and Andy Johnson.

Some really quality strikers about, but not consistently scoring 15 every season.

I think the amount of people actually scoring that amount of goals is probably about the same its probably that you remember people who were capable of scoring 15 whether they actually did or not and obviously the same thing happens now like some people will think of Dom as a 15 goal striker even though it's taken him more than 3 years to score his last 15 goals.

I dunno mate. You had Collymore, Beattie, Fowler, Ferdinand, Sherringham, Jochim, Dublin, Yorke, Ricard banging in 14+ a season for thr likes of Villa, Southampton, Coventry, Spurs etc who were all outside the top 2/4

Generally only ever really single figures who get over 15. Since 2000, there has been on average 7 players scoring 15 or more. (Last 10 years has seen more players doing so).

In 2004/05, there was only 2 players who scored more than 15 and they both got over 20. Thierry Henry and Andy Johnson.

Some really quality strikers about, but not consistently scoring 15 every season.

10 a season each season is a very very good striker

Right here is how it is.

Everton are crap. As a result we have crap players not just in ability but also character. Amongst that group there’ll be some that are better and lift others around them. Calvert-Lewin is one of them players, you notice his absence when he’s not playing because of his selfless work and impact on the team.

Should he be scoring more goals? Yes that would help, but it’s hardly as if Everton play an attacking set up which impacts but maybe, and get ready for this, he’s just out of form. That’s right - you NSNO ferrets - players are human beings (but der earning a undred grand a week lad) who like any other human go through flows of both higher and lower performance. The issue is 1) Dyche continues to play him as 2) Everton don’t have the replacements that would improve the striking position, yet, even for an out of form DCL. Which in turn shows how effective he is considering we have £40m sat on the bench unable to depose an out of form DCL.

This angst is born from the scourge of modern society. Thick, entitled slugs who demand everything they want. The same cringey sweating flumps who scream ITS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH at minimal pay customer service operatives when a service they’ve paid cheaply for isn’t to their liking. The same simple farmhands who chased Lukaku out as he didn’t kiss the badge enough and promised “it’s ok we will just share the goals around”. The same take away snorting galaxy brains who screamed “why you arsed lad it’s not your money” when conscientious objectors worried about Everton wasting big money on average players.

They do this because there’s no accountability, they can just use this and any platform to belch out their crappy uniformed opinions on anything and everything until any platform just becomes a cesspit of noise. Note how these very same slugs react the very worst when vaulted on one of their previous crappy uninformed opinions that shows them up for what they are.

They’ll chase, abuse DCL out then go quiet when a struggling Everton can only sign gambles that inevitably turn out much worse than the player they chase out. Like a 20 goals a season guaranteed striker like Lukaku.

Vault and abuse them hard or they become the dominant voice on here and you, yes you fair reader of moderate and humble opinion, become disillusioned and leave the megaphone to those who shout loudest.

When DCL returns to form I’ll be hunting for every single one of you, you know who you are.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back