Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in form atm but we still need players to get near him, could be dyche tatics for both cm to sit in midfeld but would like see one gamble and get forward. Also does not help both harrison and mcneil both playing crap aswell

That proven success has proven to be a blip though. In the same season under the same manager with the same players supplying him, he reverted to type and scored 4 in 20.

Hard to disagree with that. he had a great first half of a season. Thats hardly proven success given he's nearly 27.
Such a mad subject this. Its like he's not allowed to be a middle of the road average forward. He's either cack or he's class.
I think he is middle of the road who just should be netting a few more than he is. A forward who isnt scoring at all will always be questioned. In any team in any league.

That proven success has proven to be a blip though. In the same season under the same manager with the same players supplying him, he reverted to type and scored 4 in 20.

As already explained, whole team was horrendous second half of that season. Sure he might have front loaded his goals that season but it's still 21 overall sticking to the box. Not sure why you're arguing against us doing that?

Maybe this year but Liverpool have consistently bypassed their midfield as a tactic for years. Long ball over the top and rely on the quality of their strikers. Different topic entirely but the point is good strikers don't need things served up to them.
Our midfield serves not that much in 90 minutes though ....... DCL or anyone will struggle ......

Whats quite bizare is that on a Everton forum in a calvert lewin thread, some want to brush under the carpert that we have a forward who doesnt score goals. Or blame everyone else.
Where should it be raised. On a halifax town forum.
Does anybody want to brush it under the carpet though?

We can bang on about it as much as we want, what is the solution? What difference does it make?

Maybe Beto should get a bit more of a run but lets face it, he's not good (or not been so far anyway).

So its Beto or DCL and that's your lot. We have nothing else, we have no way of getting anybody else in either and out of the two of them we probably play a little bit better as a team with DCL in.

Obviously Doucoure is a massive miss, not just for his goals but his ability to support the striker whoever it is which nobody else seems capable of doing.

Does anybody want to brush it under the carpet though?

We can bang on about it as much as we want, what is the solution? What difference does it make?

Maybe Beto should get a bit more of a run but lets face it, he's not good (or not been so far anyway).

So its Beto or DCL and that's your lot. We have nothing else, we have no way of getting anybody else in either and out of the two of them we probably play a little bit better as a team with DCL in.

Obviously Doucoure is a massive miss, not just for his goals but his ability to support the striker whoever it is which nobody else seems capable of doing.

Reading some of the replies. Yes. If someone questions that our forward isnt scoring they get accused of being on his back and then it just stems into a tit for tat of exchanges.
Its a valid issue for debate.

Few seasons back when he had an England cap I remember him getting a yellow card for accidentally kicking a guy in the head when he jumped above him to win a header. He doesn't seem to have quite the same spring now to me. Maybe it's injury related - either he can't, or doesn't want to potentially hurt himself. I dunno. At the same time, the season he scored lots of goals with Carlo, he was basically a poacher. But we don't seem anywhere near enough to their goal for him to play that role. The goal he scored against West Ham aside, I can't remember him scoring goals from outside the box, so he needs to be in there to score.
So I wonder if there's a bit of both going on: injuries taking their toll on his strengths and the way we play exposing his weaknesses. Fingers crossed he can get some form back soon, as it looks like we need him as much as ever.
I just think he's never going to get close to that previous high goals scored with us again as we dont have the team to play to his strengths. I'm actually not sure what his strengths are anymore as he shows virtually nothing.

Pretty much owned by most centre back partnerships this and last couple of seasons. One things for sure is that he will never have a supplier like James again where lets be honest any striker would have scored loads with him playing alongside them in the team with his passing and ability to create space for others.

He may do alright if he were to get regular place for a much better team than us, but he's not a starter at many of the clubs in the current top 10 by my reckoning.

Whats quite bizare is that on a Everton forum in a calvert lewin thread, some want to brush under the carpert that we have a forward who doesnt score goals. Or blame everyone else.
Where should it be raised. On a halifax town forum.

Hard to disagree with that. he had a great first half of a season. Thats hardly proven success given he's nearly 27.
Such a mad subject this. Its like he's not allowed to be a middle of the road average forward. He's either cack or he's class.
I think he is middle of the road who just should be netting a few more than he is. A forward who isnt scoring at all will always be questioned. In any team in any league.
Well said sir. He should be scoring more.

Struggle, sure. But in a world where here Doucoure has netted 6 times we should be expecting more from out primary striker. Or do we have to make excuses for that as well?
In a good midfield Bally netted 15 goals plus created loads more in his era ,but he was world class - Doucs is nearly 32 hrs old & that sums our midfield up - an injury prone player to support DCL or Beto in a long ball setup .. with very little pace in it - Garner being our best midfielder..

As already explained, whole team was horrendous second half of that season. Sure he might have front loaded his goals that season but it's still 21 overall sticking to the box. Not sure why you're arguing against us doing that?
Did he really score 21 league goals that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back